Returning from a 3 month hiatus from the bike- sore seat bones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ItFellOnDeafEars

Prior to the enforced hiatus, I was on the bike 13-15 hours a week ever since I had bought the bike in 2013. I felt as fit as a fiddle and not a bother.

After 3 months off the bike, I eagerly got back on the saddle yesterday to commute into work (50km), albeit 6.5kg heavier:eek: and my fitness levels at the lowest it has been in a long long time!!

Oh man, my seat bones ended up in bits.

Couldn't bring myself to cycle into work again today, that's how tender my seat bones still are.

Is this a case of me having to man up and cycle through the pain barrier and before long, I'll be back to where I was prior to the hiatus? My saddle hasn't been changed and never gave me any issues in the past. I'm thinking it's perhaps a weight issue?

screenman

Legendary Member
It will get better, I have been in the same state several times.

OP
OP
ItFellOnDeafEars

ItFellOnDeafEars

Cheers for the encouragement guys. I look forward to getting back to the level of fitness I used to be at, however long it takes! Merry christmas, have a good one!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I had 4 months off the bike earlier this year due to injuries from a bad collision. Can't say i experienced much if any discomfort when i returned to cycling that could be put down to the lay off, just the loss of fitness and problems related to my injuries.
Just build it back up gradually over a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom