Returning from Touring: Berlin to London

• Thread starter Deleted member 31621
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 31621

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to return from touring in Europe? I am looking to travel from Berlin to London in mid-October, preferably within a single a day (but open to options) for as low a cost as possible. I am having difficulty researching this as there seems to be very few resources that provide the requisite information. It is a bit of a minefield trying to travel through 3 or 4 countries with a bicycle.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Flying Berlin to Gatwick on the 17th October is about £25 excluding the bike you would need to check that.

I used Momondo for the search.

Steve

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 31621

I should mention I have an inability to book well in advance, looking to book 3 days in advance of leaving (a little more may be possible if absolutely necessary). Easyjet costs seem to spiral in such circumstances (£150+ for bicycle+panniers), was wondering if anyone had experience going via train instead.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I should mention I have an inability to book well in advance, looking to book 3 days in advance of leaving (a little more may be possible if absolutely necessary). Easyjet costs seem to spiral in such circumstances (£150+ for bicycle+panniers), was wondering if anyone had experience going via train instead.

I came back from Berlin to Leeds by train this summer.

Sleeper train from Berlin to Gare de l'Est in Paris and Gare du Nord to St Pancras.

Your inability to book well in advance raises the fares. Typically from 43€ to 103€ on the sleeper and from £40 to £100 on Eurostar to. A bike will cost 10€ extra on the sleeper and £30 extra on the train.

German bookings can be had here. Equally you can book at a German railway station.
Eurostar can be booked here.

You might find that you will be limited by the availability of bicycle spaces on both the sleeper service and Eurostar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom