Returning to road riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spodnie

At the weekend I cycled outdoors, on a real road after 3 months exclusively riding on Bkool and Zwift, it was a disaster!

It was only a one hour ride which is typical of what I have been doing on the turbo, my performances have definitely improved as I have ridden about three times per week on my Bkool but it appears this has not translated into real world fitness as I was far slower than similar rides from a few months ago and it felt very difficult.

Has anyone else experienced this?

RickB

professional procrastinator
Cant really comment on this as I havent been out on my road bike in ages - only managed one MTB session over Christmas. Worried that my endurance could be well down when I return to the outdoors again after such a long spell exclusively indoors. :heat:
I'd be very interested to see what others think though. :cuppa:

kipster

Guru
It can be a difficult transition, I try and get out on the road every week to ensure that bkool supplements my rides, rather than relying exclusively on indoor cycling. I did a 51 miler of new years eve, a fairly flat course so should have been easy, but it wasn't. The wind, floods, rain, gravel all played their part in the ride and I was shattered by the time I got home. I went out Sunday just gone and did 30 miles with my son, it was probably one of the easiest rides we had done, no wind, no rain, a couple of floods.

@Spodnie What type of rides / training are you doing on Bkool? I try and vary them between hills, intervals and of course cyclechat Thursday night races.

Top Bottom