Returning to the fold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebel Ian

Not new to Cycle Chat but returning after a break!

Just over a year ago I completed LEJoG having trained intently for several months. Having completed it the motivation to get back on the bike was almost non-existent. I did one long ride about a month afterwards but as the cold weather set in the bike stayed in the garage. The huge anti-climax and the feeling of "what do I do now?" is a little bit of a consideration for anyone doing a ride like that I guess.

Then, about 4 months ago, the beautiful Biancha got stolen and that's been my motivation to get my oversized rear out there and back in the saddle. Thanks to my insurance company I have replaced the bike with an even more beautiful full carbon Bianchi and am planning on getting out again.

So.....hi to everyone on Cycle Chat but especially those around the Slough and wider Berks/Bucks area who I might bump into at some stage.:hello:

gary in derby

welcome back, and as they say its an ill wind that does nobody any good.

Fubar

Guru
Hi RI and :welcome: back - on a smaller scale I have found the same when doing Sportives, once complete I don't want to go near the bike! Not sure if they are more counter-productive than beneficial. Regards, Mark

Norm

Hey, Ian, good to see you posting again.

There's a thread about somewhere (search for Slough) with a couple of local Saturday morning rides we've had recently starting at the Montem ice rink, if you fancy coming along for a saunter.

Sorry to read about the lovely Bianchi, but good that it has been replaced and that's proved to be a reason for you to ride again.

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

Thanks, Norm. Hope you have been keeping well. I do have you to blame for my Costa flat white addiction however!! Hope to catch up with you on a ride again soon.

defy-one

Welcome back Ian. As Norm says - hope to see you on our Slough rides. We cover 20-30 miles at present so nothing on the scale you have previously attaained - would be great to see a long distance rider amongst us :smile:

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

Welcome back Ian. As Norm says - hope to see you on our Slough rides. We cover 20-30 miles at present so nothing on the scale you have previously attaained - would be great to see a long distance rider amongst us :smile:

Thanks, but please don't class me as a long distance rider. Having not cycled for a LONG time I did 5 miles when I got my new bike last weekend and it almost killed me! I'll get back into it soon enough however. I'll get out for a couple of rides in the next week hopefully then join up with you and pootle along at the back!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hey Ian, welcome back. I'm doing Lejog next August, so read your post with fear!!.

I may ask to compare notes nearer the day.

J

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

Hey Ian, welcome back. I'm doing Lejog next August, so read your post with fear!!.

I may ask to compare notes nearer the day.

J

Feel free to ask anything. We planned the whole thing ourselves so have lots of tips and advice to offer anyone on all sorts of things.

My problem is I cycle mainly to train for events and having done the biggest event I had no motivation to do any others and therefore to get out and train. I've missed it a bit however so am doing a coast to coast next year - at the widest possible point West to East!

Top Bottom