1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revenge ...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Muddyfox, 20 Feb 2008.

1. Muddyfox

Muddyfox Veteran

Is a Dessert best served Cold :smile:

Towards the end of last summer Jake and i were out for a ride in the lanes near our village and a Landrover Discovery forced me into the ditch by driving past too fast and way too close i shouted at the driver but he just gave me a load of abuse ... Luckily Jake stopped before he got to him

Well today whilst at work (im a taxi operator) i went to one of our local country pubs to pick up a customer and i saw the Landrover in the car park and guess who was sat at the bar drinking ? yep the same guy

I did'nt say anything to him ... but after informing my customers that i had arrived i went back to my car and phoned 999 and gave the Police the Landrover registration and location and that the driver was in the pub drinking

I spoke to one of our local Police Officers later on this afternoon and the guy had been arrested for Drink Driving

Patience is a Virtue :biggrin:

Simon

2. Excellent, nice one. I hope they throw the book at him.

3. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Excellent revenge, well done.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

When will they learn? You just don't f*ck with a cyclist!

5. OP
    OP
    Muddyfox

Muddyfox Veteran

I guess it'l be a minimum one year driving ban if its his first offence ... it'l be dealt with at our local magistrates court and with drink driving being so anti social these days they seem to be dishing out 18 month bans on first offence and 3 years for second offence

If i knew when he was up in court i'd wait outside and hand him one of my business cards as he leaves with a big smile on my face

Simon

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Oh that would just be superb if he gave you a year and a half worth of business too. :smile:

7. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Excellent, congratulations! I almost hope you do show up at court and explain how and why he got shopped.

8. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Oh that it were always that easy, nice one...

9. I like the cut of your jib Jakes Dad!

10. bianco

bianco New Member

Perfect!

11. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

nice one ,made my day.i'm hoping to do the same with a tractor driver who did the same to my son.

12. Wolf04

Wolf04 New Member

Awesome
    :smile::biggrin:

13. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Well done!:smile: I can't believe more people don't phone the police when they see folk drinking in a pub when they have the car.

I've never had reason to do it but I know I would in that situation. There is no excuse whatsoever for drink driving.

14. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Nice one! Thats brought a smile to my morning!