Review: Garmin Edge 200 GPS Bike Computer

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Its a bread crumb track (no detailed mapping), some don't get on with that but I quite l like it.

Get the odd ..ooh which exit on a RAB type thing but apart from that.. works very well for me too.

I think the 'sat nav' bit is great. It tells you exactly what you need to know, nothing more nothing less, and if you go off course it beeps to tell you, points you in the right direction and keeps warning you until you are back on route.

Of course you must understand it isn't actually sat nav at all, it will only direct you along routes you load into it, works brilliantly though.

Radchenister

Veteran
Its a bread crumb track (no detailed mapping), some don't get on with that but I quite l like it.

So do I .

I was lucky to get a Garmin 200 through 'points' recently, if it was taken away now I'd buy one.

Went to the ToB in Caerphilly from this patch and got complacent (in the rain) when following the breadcrumbs; I learnt my lesson around Newport on keeping the trail following tight, ending up climbing far more hills than necessary ... the model is not as glamorous as other options but a bit of discipline whilst in use and some forward planning and you're rocking.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I've sadly had to put my Edge 200 up for sale (:sad:) as I need the money, it's in the For Sale section if anyone's interested.

I have been looking at the 200 for a while but was put off by the short battery life, now I have found you can get a battery booster, I have looked again but can not find in any of the pictures where it gives a grid reference. (this is important to me as I use paper maps)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have been looking at the 200 for a while but was put off by the short battery life, now I have found you can get a battery booster, I have looked again but can not find in any of the pictures where it gives a grid reference. (this is important to me as I use paper maps)

They haven't got a short battery life.
I get about 12-15 hours out of mine, dependent on how I am using it.
Musa had a problem with his of which (IIRC) he exchanged under warranty.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Available on Amazon brand new for £87 if you need one

Radchenister

Veteran
Battery life could be better (if you plan on doing longer ride ie 6hrs+

Mine runs for circa 14 hrs - took it out for 5hrs riding (paused for an hour or so in between) and it was still reading as at just under 70% on return - sounds like a faulty one you're referencing.

Never done a ride longer than 26 miles (1h 40mins) in the morning, with a 25 mile evening commute (similar time) and never had a problem. Some of my mates have a problem with the 800/810 battery life; mine has lasted the Tour of Flanders (+20miles to the start) and the Marmotte over 12hours no problem :sun:

CafGriff

I have a HTC Desire mobile and running friends of mine are happy to use thus piece of kit for mileage and route findings. The jury is still out at the mo ... Jazloc!:smile: give me a ball park figure for you devise! ?
I'm still happy at the mo tho with 'cyclescene' ...
I've seen a set of rear pannier bags called 'outriders' any comments??:blink:

Top Bottom