Review: Garmin Edge 200 GPS Bike Computer

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I too was looking at the 200. Please tell me if you know. Can you upload data wirelessly using an iPad?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
All roads lead to Garmin. On a stem/bar is the last place I'd want to put my only method of contact to someone else.

YMMV

Radchenister

Veteran
Out of interest, why 'turn for turn' as opposed to 'courses' - in other words, would a pre-planned 'breadcrumb trail' do it?

Good deal available at the place with the orange logos (via on-line ordering) at the mo'.

Last edited:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Hi Rad. I take your point about the courses. I guess I just resent paying what I call way too much for the 800. But I do want something that has a car sat nav style turn for turn display. I suppose I worded it wrong earlier. Of course I want to plot routes just like a car sat nav. My point is, why do car ones cost so much less than the garmin800 for example. It's just too much to pay for me when all I want is a sat nav like a car.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hi Rad. I take your point about the courses. I guess I just resent paying what I call way too much for the 800. But I do want something that has a car sat nav style turn for turn display. I suppose I worded it wrong earlier. Of course I want to plot routes just like a car sat nav. My point is, why do car ones cost so much less than the garmin800 for example. It's just too much to pay for me when all I want is a sat nav like a car.
Cos car sat navs don't do HR cadence et cetera.

if you want a car like gps for your bike an etrex will do the job.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Cos car sat navs don't do HR cadence et cetera.

if you want a car like gps for your bike an etrex will do the job.
Thanks Grumpy. Good suggestion, but not quite what I want. I was just wondering if such a thing existed especially made for a bike. I guess it doesn't! That Etrex is a hand held thing that could maybe be modified I guess, but it's not exclusively for a bike though. I just think the Edge 800 is vastly overpriced, otherwise I would buy one. Much appreciated the suggestion though. Thanks a lot. If anything else springs to mind?....

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thanks Grumpy. Good suggestion, but not quite what I want. I was just wondering if such a thing existed especially made for a bike. I guess it doesn't! That Etrex is a hand held thing that could maybe be modified I guess, but it's not exclusively for a bike though. I just think the Edge 800 is vastly overpriced, otherwise I would buy one. Much appreciated the suggestion though. Thanks a lot. If anything else springs to mind?....
Why the need for exclusivity bike-wise? My Etrex 20 has a bike mount and gets used on road and on the mtb, has a dashboard mount for those times when only a car or van will do, and sometimes goes walkabout on two legs.

Top Bottom