1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review of my band's latest album

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Rhythm Thief, 15 Dec 2007.

1. Here. Not wanting to show off, but I'm quite proud of this. We never even sent them a copy!
    We're on BBC Radio Shropshire (96FM) on Sunday 23rd too. About 8.20pm.

2. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Is that really your own song, the 1st one?

3. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

oh dear, it's gone a bit jethro for the 2nd one though

4. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Listening to the 1st one again, and the harmonies are hauntingly excellent, the guitar picking sublime

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

third one - 2 much flute

6. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

4th one. spinal tap. I'm sorry

7. Yes. The drummer wrote the lyrics and I wrote the music. Although everything is credited to all of us.

8. Don't be sorry. It's supposed to be funny.:biggrin:

9. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

"I never own the pain"

is a great lyric, set in a nice bitter sweet harmony

10. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Bollix, I've just listened to it a few more times now (sick of listening to nick cave at the moment)

And I actually wish it didn't fade out at the end when it felt a bit CSNY

11. I'm gonna buy the album.

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Excellent stuff, RT! :tongue:
    Only had time to listen to the first song on the jukebox (I'll be back), but thought there could have been a little MORE banjo! :tongue:

I think there's a niche for that genre; less The Pogues more Fairport Convention/Jethro Tull!

We'll have to arrange a CycleChat gig - with pipes, beards, real ale and Arran pullovers.

13. Buy the whole album! There's another few minutes of that song, and they really haven't put the best stuff on that sampler.

14. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Very eclectic RT. Thought 2nd was more Albion Band though! Which is ok. A mate of mine will like your album, he's into "Folky type stuff" will send him the link a.s.a.p.! :evil: