Revolution bikes - the Continental

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SonofSid

Edit - not the continental, the Cross (cyclocross, £400)

Anyone know anything about this make? Stocked by Edinburgh Bike Collective. In particular the cyclocross
http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebw...QRY=C438&f_SortOrderID=1&f_bct=c003155c018341

Frame7005 AlloyForkFull Hi-Ten, Round/Straight ProfileHeadset1.1/8” Aheadset / Revolution Top CapShiftersShimano ST-2303Rear MechShimano RD-M360, BlackFront MechShimano FD-2303ChainsetSuntour XCT-v2, 48/38/28t, 170mmBottom BracketCartridge/Square TaperChainKMC HG-50FreewheelShimano HG30, 11-32t, 8spHubsFormula, 32h, QRRimsRevolution, Alloy Double WallSpokesSteel, Black/14G Brass NipplesTyresMaxxis, Raze, 700 x 35cBrakesTektro 992A-ENBrake LeversShimano ST-2303HandlebarRevolution, 440mm, 31.8mmStemRevolution Cross Series -7 Degree Rise, 31.8, 52/55cm 90mm, 58cm = 105mmGrips/Bar TapeVelo, Cork Bar Tape, BlackSaddleRevolution Cross SeriesSeat PostRevolution, 27.2 x 350mmPedalsWellgo, w/Clips & Straps
Specs mean nowt to me.... Any thoughts?
Cheers

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Revolution is the Embra Bike Co-Op's own brand, it is reasonable value for money at that price point. If you are interested in buying one, the best thing to do is test ride it and a few other bikes around the same price, then buy the one that feels best. :evil:

aberal

Veteran
Their bikes invariably get good reviews from the cycle mags. It's a bit of a mystery to me how they manage to keep their prices low because their bikes tend to be well thought through and well made.

battered

Guru
That bike looks OK at £400. You can get better for sure by spending more money, but if you bought that it would do a very good job for you until you wore it out. By then it would owe you nothing and you'd know what things you'd change for your next bike. I agree, the EBC bikes are decent quality and value and at £400 you are getting a pretty nice bike.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Their bikes also get good reviews from owners. I've got two. A tourer and a fixed. Had the first been less than top I'd not have bought the second.

Top Bottom