Revolution Track '14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
not got one but at that price, i'm temped too.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It seems a bit heavy for such a simple bike ... My steel Basso weighs at least a kg less than that even with its triple chainset, ergoshifters, 2 bottle cages, pedals, GPS and Crud mudguards!

I would have thought that such bikes should weigh more like 9.5 kg?

potsy

Rambler
It seems a bit heavy for such a simple bike ... My steel Basso weighs at least a kg less than that even with its triple chainset, ergoshifters, 2 bottle cages, pedals, GPS and Crud mudguards!

I would have thought that such bikes should weigh more like 9.5 kg?
Light weight 11.3kg - sample bike weighed without pedals, but with BS reflectors and bell fitted

Maybe it's a particularly heavy bell? :tongue:

D

Deleted member 1258

Maybe it's a particularly heavy bell? :tongue:

I wouldn't call 11.3kg Light Weight, its 24.9lbs, I didn't think the Genesis was particularly light weight either, though its 9.4kg, that’s 20.75lbs, though that's close to the old 531 framed bikes I rode years ago.

Long day, went to Sheffield to look at the bike, took my luggage scales to weigh it, this was the 58cm version, the actual weight was over 12kg. The components were at the cheap end from the stem to the chain. The frame was fine except for one niggling detail [not counting the very aggressive 75-76 degree seat angle which I am fine with], the horizontal dropouts had no stainless steel inserts so every time you tightened the track nuts the paint would come off, not acceptable.
Back to the drawing board.

Top Bottom