Rheumatoid Arthritis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I was on hydroxychloroquin a couple of years ago. Advice was if any pain behind the eyes to get to a doctor ASAP as you can go permanently blind. I had no problems with it so cannot comment further. Went on eventually to methotrexate but thankfully while the RA is still there it is manageable without methotrexate which has possible side effects worse than RA. The joys of ageing.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was on hydroxychloroquin a couple of years ago. Advice was if any pain behind the eyes to get to a doctor ASAP as you can go permanently blind. I had no problems with it so cannot comment further. Went on eventually to methotrexate but thankfully while the RA is still there it is manageable without methotrexate which has possible side effects worse than RA. The joys of ageing.
Thanks. Not seen anyone since starting it. Eyes seem ok but I have been headachy which is a common side effect apparently.
I don’t have an RA diagnosis but ‘possible inflammatory arthritis’

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Two of the unfortunate consequences of taking methotrexate are that you are not allowed to donate blood or attempt to have children. I'm not in the slightest bit concerned about the latter, but I would dearly love to give some blood to the NHS. I owe them for stuff they have done for me.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Any methotrexate users on here...starting to feel I might have to take the plunge.
Sorry, I just spotted your post. I've been on it for nearly eight years without any side effects at all. My RA symptoms vanished within a couple of months of being prescribed it (and hydroxychloroquine).

I hope all goes well.

blamelouis

Über Member
That's really positive cheers 👍

Top Bottom