Rhubarb Crumble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
If this forum had some decent moderators they would delete this topic to stop the mental torture it gives to those living in far away lands. Hope you enjoy the rest of it, Yorkshireman, and send a virtual slice to Vietnam please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman

It's all long gone now :thumbsup:. I'll bear you in mind next batch Keith. Doesn't anyone grow it out there? - I would have thought it would do quite well there with a bit of well rotted veggie manure :thumbsup:.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
paddy goes for a job as a gardener. the head gardener shows him round the estate and at some point they come across a fellow gardner with a wheelbarrow of horse manure.

"what's he doing with that?" asks paddy

"he's going to put it on the rhubarb"

"well each to his own, but i prefer custard with mine"

:thumbsup::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
We used to have a rhubarb plant at home (Mum's house). One year, we had a thunder storm and a sheet of lightning appeared to earth right through the middle of the plant.

The next year, it grew like mad! I always wondered if it was a nitrogen thing - I've heard that lightning fixes nitrogen in the soil?

I haven't got any on the allotment, I should get some... But I don't often bother making puddings for one...

Looks good though. My favourite would be apple, however, with my Mum's homemade real vanilla custard.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I love rhubarb crumble, and gooseberry crumble. Both with custard (thick) on the top. I tried growing rhubarb this year. I was given two crowns which were duly planted. They grew for a while, but even with lots of attention they didn't take. So if anyone has a couple of crowns they don't want, I'm your man.

Yorkshireman said:
Picked some rhubarb this afternoon.

You could have at least put NSFW on this thread! xx(xx(:thumbsup:

Rhubarb crumble always reminds me of staying around my Nan's. She made wicked crumble and her own custard made with corn flour and vanilla essence. Me and my sister loved it, until....

One day spotted nan's dog cocking his leg up the rhubarb..
"Nan, Tiddler (how apt a name) has weed on the rhubarb", I cried.
"He always does", nan replied,"It's his favourite place to go!".

Rhubarb crumble wasn't quite the same afterwards.

Mr Phoebus

Dayvo;36169][quote name= said:
Just bought five huge sticks of rhubarb, from my Grocers for 75p. :ohmy:

Or if it's rhubarb you're talking about, your neighbours' garden/allotment. ;)[/QUOTE]
My neighbours have got some Rottweillers.

Top Bottom