Ribble 4600 Evo Pro Carbom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wintergreen

Did you buy one? I would like to know what you think.
I ordered one a few days ago and am waiting for delivery but would love to hear your thoughts on it if you already have one.

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
No I didn't in the end. I had my mind set on the Planet X SRAM pro carbon for £999

But then I brought a new car insted .....

wintergreen

Not being a car driver I wasn't swayed by that option, lol.
I had been thinking about the Ribble audax/winter trainer for a while. I know a few people who ride them and the ones I have ridden briefly always seemed like a good capable bike.
The Winter trainer with same spec comes in at £660 so for the extra £40 it seemed a no-brainer to me. The online reviews seen pretty favourable so I doubt I will be disappointed.

vickster

Legendary Member
Seems to be only Wiggle. Get an interest free credit card?

I have just received an email from Ribble to say my bike has been shipped. So its down to parcel force to get it to me. Hopefully I will receive it before weekend and let you know what I think of it.
I saw this offer and was ssssoooooo tempted but don't think I could've got away with N+1 with swmbo as Defy2 is not 12 months old yet.... maybe next year..... if you post your thoughts on it when you get it that'd be great .....:thumbsup:

wintergreen

Parcel Force delivered the Ribble this afternoon.
Im seriously impressed with the bike for what I paid.
The first thing I noticed was the weight or lack of it. Having ridden touring bikes for so long my idea of lightweight was taking one of the panniers off. This thing feels like it shouldn't be rideable its so light. I know most of you on here will know it isn't really that light in comparison to other bikes but it is nowhere near the weight of anything I have owned before.
The finish is superb, I have had a good look all over the frame and cant find any marks or blemishes in the lacquer and that 3k carbon really does look good up close.
I was busy most of the afternoon so couldn't find time to get out on it until about 4, it was a long couple of hours waiting to get done so I could go and play on my new toy. It was worth the wait.
The difference in acceleration between this and my touring bike is like night and day. I was pulling away from the lights waiting for cars to get out of the way rather than holding up traffic which is what Im used to. Once moving its a very smooth ride, which is quite remarkable given the road surfaces around here. I need to tweak the indexing slightly but that's neither here nor there. The one big difference was going back to a bike with calliper brakes. If im honest that almost put me off buying it but they work far better than I remember, combined with the lightweight frame I found the back wheel lifting off the floor a couple of times when coming to a stop at lights. I guess I will have to adjust my riding to suit.
I have no doubts it will be a faster bike than I am used to riding but I don't keep track of speed or average MPH so that doesn't really concern me. More of a concern was comfort and after a quick 8 mile test ride it feels comfortable up to now, The riding position isn't what I am used to but it didn't feel un natural and over the weekend I will have a play around with the handlebar height to see if it can be any more comfortable.
I don't intend this to replace my touring bike for everyday use but for those times when I just feel like going out and having a bit of a blast and blowing off a few cobwebs it fits the bill perfectly.
For me its a good quality bike with half decent components at just the right price. The perfect N+1

View attachment 48172

Sounds fantastic N+1 envy creeping in I think..... could you have another go at the pic though its not working for me and I'd love to see it.....

Top Bottom