Ribble Bikebuilder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

e-mail sent to them today requesting written quote for bike2work and that I'd settle additional cost at time of order....I shall decide on whether to proceed based on their speed and content of response, if any...

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Noodley said:
....I shall decide on whether to proceed based on their speed and content of response, if any...

<drums fingers on desk...>

not looking too promising

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

<stops drumming fingers on desk>

Ok, I think they have had long enough to reply but nothing received. So, although I shall continue to use them for kit on their website (mostly positive experience), I'll not be using them for my next bike.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I can't say I'm surprised.

If a company aren't quick to reply when you are considering spending money with them, then they are best avoided.

Good luck with the ongoing search!;)

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Finally got an e-mail reply from Ribble today....'sorry about the delay, here's the quote'

I did not feel inclined to reply saying 'sorry, but I have just this very day signed a 0% finance credit agreement with another retailer who have been very helpful and replied to e-mails and phoned me a few times to check on details'

.. my new bike has been ordered elsewhere :tongue:

And it's well 'bling' :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well.... they are cheap for bits...I've never bought a full bike from anyone other than my LBS (and I only did this last year) despite 20 years of biking............ buy the parts and build it..........

Noodley..where are the pics............. Planet X ??????????????

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

fossyant said:
Noodley..where are the pics............. Planet X ??????????????

It's gonna be a few weeks til it arrives, and it's not Planet X.

The shop have been great, phoned to let me know there would be a few weeks delay on delivery and asked if I was okay with that, then e-mailed me to confirm our discussion, then phoned to make sure I was okay with proceeding, then phoned again as I had missed out bank details on my application, then e-mailed and phoned to let me know my credit application had been okayed...and papers sent out first class. Signed today and will be posted tomorrow.

The way it should be. Customer Service counts.

But please don't think this is rubbishing Ribble, I shall still order from them when it is of benefit to me.

But I'm very very looking forward to mt new bike. One of the things which also swung it was that they suggested a cheaper bike which would have served me, but on further discussion they reckoned my 'wants/needs' were met by the bike I had ordered.

ashtons99

Bought a sportive racing from them, great bike, admittedly they were short on comms over and above confirmation emails etc but then I wanted a bike not a pen friend.

The bike has been brilliant.

4 others in club have bought from them, winter audax bikes and alloy 7005SL. All very happy with service.

Would definately deal with again

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Got an e-mail today telling me my new bike has been despatched....3 weeks earlier than expected! :wacko::becool:

I'll post pics within the next few days...:wacko:

If I manage to take delivery as I am out tomorrow, maybe the driver will leave it with a neighbour.

martynrg

I bought a Gran Fondo from Ribble a few weeks back. I've heard awful things regarding Ribble's customer service but I think I've been one of the lucky ones - i've ordered all sorts from them with no trouble.

Still though, I bet you can't wait Noodley! :laugh:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

martynrg said:
Still though, I bet you can't wait Noodley! :angry:

I am rather excited, I was happy enough waiting another few weeks but now I no it's en route I cannae wait to get it out on the road :laugh: After I have taken some pics obviously :laugh:

Top Bottom