Ribble E Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Built one up for a mate yesterday. He then ask me to take it for a spin today as i was going out with some of the club.Arrived at the metting place. Everyone was suprised to see me on a E bike.^_^ Anyway they all thought it looked good. Took a bit of getting used to.as i am used to Di2.did not take long i was soon flicking through the gears like pro.:laugh: First thing i really noticed was how comfatable it was.Pro logo saddle felt really nice. We only did 26 miles so not really a hard ride. But i could end up trying one on my own bike. Anyway the E bit.felt a bit strange to start with. The motor cutting in and out. 15mph the motor cuts out. Then you are on your own. I did struggle to stay with the guys on the long flats. The bike is heavy. But when it came to the hills. This is what its all about. Effortless climbing. The guys where really impressed with my climbing. Icould have gone a lot quicker and taken a few KOMs. But that is not what i am about. Just keeping it at my usual pace. I would not have one myself. Well not yet anyway. But when i start to struggle with the normal club rides. I would defo think about one. So to round up i think there is a place for these. It would make life a lot easier for a few old boys and girls. Not really for the young. Or idiot KOM hunters.but if it helps put bums on saddles thats fine. Am looking forward to the Saturday ride. Paul will be pulling me up a few hills. But he is going to suffer on the short sharp hills once we get over 15mph.:laugh::laugh:
20190110_105457.jpg

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
That is the least ugly e-bike I have seen, bravo Ribble.

RegG

Über Member
Same bike different colour.^_^

Look closer...... the Bianchi is real quality! :becool:

robgul

Legendary Member
Take a look at the Orbea Gain e road-bikes (one could argue that the Ribble is a direct copy - even down to the same top-tube control button) - the Orbeas are quite a bit cheaper than the Ribble for pretty much comparable machines.

The Orbeas have been around for a while with both a drop and flat bar version - it's the downtube battery that fools people - although someone on our club run saw mine and said he'd never seen a bike with a Rohloff hub gear and derailleur !! - he thought the compact rear hub motor was a hub gear :-)

Rob

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Take a look at the Orbea Gain e road-bikes (one could argue that the Ribble is a direct copy - even down to the same top-tube control button) - the Orbeas are quite a bit cheaper than the Ribble for pretty much comparable machines.

The Orbeas have been around for a while with both a drop and flat bar version - it's the downtube battery that fools people - although someone on our club run saw mine and said he'd never seen a bike with a Rohloff hub gear and derailleur !! - he thought the compact rear hub motor was a hub gear :-)

Rob
The Orbea was the first. Ribble is the copy. Both use the same system.

Top Bottom