Ribble E Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Wilier have their version too , using the same EBM electrics and top tube button as the Orbea Gain and Ribble. Ultegra, around 12kg.

cento1-hybrid-1-700x467-c.jpg

I'd like to compare riding a Ribble with my Gain, but don't think I could live with the pale blue/white finish of the Ribbles.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Well today i went out with Paul on his Ebike, Had a good ride chasing him up the hills, He really enjoyed it as it's the longest ride he has done for a while, He made me work on the hills, but i made him work on the flat and the fast hills, so a good time was had by both of us, I think there is a place for them on club rides as long as they are rode sensibly. Was a windy afternoon but it was not cold or wet, Got back to the pub where we had a few beers and discused the ride, am looking forward to the next one.:okay:
https://www.strava.com/activities/2076052709

CXRAndy

Guru
Just seen the Ribble, what a nice looking bike. I believe these bikes given the correct exposure to the non cycling public will entice some to use a bike more and a car less. The only concern I have the power and top speed becomes abused to the point of dangerous. I also think 15mph is just a tad too low, 16-17mph before assistance drops away. If a non dedicated rider can get one ideally two hours of assistance over a hilly terrain, that will be more than sufficient for them to build a good starting fitness.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just seen the Ribble, what a nice looking bike. I believe these bikes given the correct exposure to the non cycling public will entice some to use a bike more and a car less. The only concern I have the power and top speed becomes abused to the point of dangerous. I also think 15mph is just a tad too low, 16-17mph before assistance drops away. If a non dedicated rider can get one ideally two hours of assistance over a hilly terrain, that will be more than sufficient for them to build a good starting fitness.
I think the 15mph works well. After all its should be just to get you up the hills. Paul did struggle a bit in certain places.Due to the bike being quite heavy. But he enjoyed it. He says he will never worry about anymore hills. The idea is battery assist. It is a nice bike.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I think the 15mph works well. Paul did struggle a bit in certain places.Due to the bike being quite heavy. But he enjoyed it. He says he will never worry about anymore hills. The idea is battery assist. It is a nice bike.

15 mph is too low. 18 would be much better. I've found it can be hard work staying with a group as their speed drifts up over 15 on favourable stretches of road (this is with the club leisure ride group). It's like trying to keep up riding a heavy touring bike. My Gain is around 15 -16kg with pedals, saddle pack, bottle etc.
I don't agree that "After all its should be just to get you up the hills". The minimum level of assistance puts me back in the position I was in before my legs became 'bu99ered' (I can't ride a conventional bike more than 3 -4 miles now, before the leg pain stops me - even my 8 kg carbon bike) so when it cuts out at 15 mph it can begin to hurt quite a lot! Hills can be fun now though!

Reactions: gbb

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well today i went out with Paul on his Ebike, Had a good ride chasing him up the hills, He really enjoyed it as it's the longest ride he has done for a while, He made me work on the hills, but i made him work on the flat and the fast hills, so a good time was had by both of us, I think there is a place for them on club rides as long as they are rode sensibly. Was a windy afternoon but it was not cold or wet, Got back to the pub where we had a few beers and discused the ride, am looking forward to the next one.:okay:
https://www.strava.com/activities/2076052709

In a nutshell that's what there all about.
People getting out and having a good ride without destroying themselves.

Best thing my wife ever bought, 20 mile MTB ride no prob,she used to struggle with 5-10 easy MTB miles on a normal bike

Top Bottom