Ribble HF83

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Parcel Force Tracker states;
7/10/2015
06:21
Rotherham Depot
Loaded to vehicle for delivery

Arrived, circa 13:30

PA071530.JPG

Plus some 'goodies' (Ritchey WCS bars, stem & seat-pin)

PA071531.JPG

Pictures ?

Ultegra 11-speed;
172mm cranks
53/39
12 - 25 cassette

Ultegra wheels
Schwalbe ONE tyres ('23', but not tubeless)

Ritchey WCS stem, bars & seat-pin;
120mm stem
42cm bars
'Flite' (& KEO pedals) off my Ridley

Not sure of the weight, but it feels lighter than the Ridley (even stripped of saddle, pedals & pump)

Ribble. Gran-Fondo. 6.JPG

WCS 'goodies'
Ribble. Gran-Fondo. 8.JPG
Stable-Mates
Ribble. Gran-Fondo. 11.JPG

bar re-wrapped
I've cut the tape a bit short though:angry::blush:

Evans stock Ritchey tape (to replace like-for-like) & the ''Xscape' branch is roughly 5 miles from me

Stable-Mates
View attachment 106034

Evans stock Ritchey tape (to replace like-for-like) & the ''Xscape' branch is roughly 5 miles from me

Bars re-wrapped yesterday morning

Now, my next issue is whether to cut the steerer down

Using the extremely scientific method of holding a spirit-level on the saddle nose , & measuring from it to the bars, I find that the blue Ribble has its bars 2 inches lower than the Gran Fondo!!! (same amount of spacers on both, at moment)
I know it's described as a sportive frame, for 'all day comfort', but when my winter bike is lower......................

I may be 'flogging the proverbial dead horse', but I'm working on SWMBO to now allow me to swap my Ribble 'winter'/'work'/all-rounder (one of the blue aluminium frames) for the 'Sportive 365'
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/bbd/r...5?part=BB15RIBSPORT365&sub=conf_BB_ALL&bike=1

(barring a slightly longer rear-end, it appears to be the same geometry as my Gran-Fondo too)

It'd not be a complete bike. just frame/fork, headset & the required 57mm drop brakes

Then I'd take everything else off the 'winter' & install on it

With the archetypal benefit of hindsight, I regret not buying a '365' instead of the 'winter', when I bought that, back in June 2013

I think I have a buyer lined up for my Ridley, so it's self-financing:becool:

LP365Large.jpg

Last photo of GF;
Ribble. Gran-Fondo. 12.JPG

Last edited:

Stu Smith

Veteran
Called into the Ribble showroom yesterday to collect a new stem for my new to me bike..
Can't work out in my mind which bike is going to be my so called best bike :wacko:
IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0556.JPG

Top Bottom