Ribble: Too good to be true?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Very understated - my kind of bike:thumbsup:
Yes, ''more clout than shout*.''

*Patent applied for....

Dogberry

About to pull the trigger on either the Ribble New Sportive or the R872 but just can't make up my mind !
Fingers are hovering over the R872 but need some ride reports / experience about it as there's not much on t'internet
Any thoughts welcome.

About to pull the trigger on either the Ribble New Sportive or the R872 but just can't make up my mind !
Fingers are hovering over the R872 but need some ride reports / experience about it as there's not much on t'internet
Any thoughts welcome.
Beautiful bike. Fast. Stiff. Light.

Review here when it was called the Stealth and had external cable routing. Very favourable.

I will get some time on it at the weekend and report back but i suspect that will be too far away so i will simply say that so far it has been amazing. Quality to build and ride.

Quick note, you mentioned two bikes. R872 is stiff and racy. The new sportive will be more relaxed and comfortable but will likely lose out on some of the sharpness and response.

Just one more pic before i get time to upload the batch. :whistle:

standalone

Those wheels look great on it Pedro
Emphasises the Stealthy-ness. :ph34r:

Dogberry

Beautiful bike. Fast. Stiff. Light.

Review here when it was called the Stealth and had external cable routing. Very favourable.

I will get some time on it at the weekend and report back but i suspect that will be too far away so i will simply say that so far it has been amazing. Quality to build and ride.

Quick note, you mentioned two bikes. R872 is stiff and racy. The new sportive will be more relaxed and comfortable but will likely lose out on some of the sharpness and response.

Thank you, looking forward to more of your pictures.

If you're out on it this week-end and are prepared to do a write up I will hold out a little longer !

My racing days are long over so maybe this frame will be a little too uncomfortable ? I've looked at both frame measurements and there doesn't appear to be too much in it .Decisions, decisions....

Still, I'll await your ride report and go with that....... no pressure !

Thank you, looking forward to more of your pictures.

If you're out on it this week-end and are prepared to do a write up I will hold out a little longer !

My racing days are long over so maybe this frame will be a little too uncomfortable ? I've looked at both frame measurements and there doesn't appear to be too much in it .Decisions, decisions....

Still, I'll await your ride report and go with that....... no pressure !
Await no longer!!! Look below...........:smile:

redcard

Veteran
Been looking at a lightweight R872 build with Di2 and Ultegra wheels. £2.5K price tag is extremely tempting.

Bit annoying that Ribble don't list weights for all components, or even their default builds. I think my build would come in under 7KG, but would be nice to have a better idea.

Top Bottom