Ribble: Too good to be true?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Pedro: That would be brilliant if you could. Always good to hear from people that actually ride them.
Will do. Should be tomorrow or Friday. :thumbsup:

Ride report won't be quite so soon but i'll be able to let you know quality of material and finish. First impressions go quite far.

gbb

Legendary Member
Sportive Racing here, full carbon and full veloce groupset for circa £1200...its been brilliant.
I was going to get a Bianchi Impulso, cracking looker, but alloy frame and only part veloce groupset for the same price...my head won the battle.
No problems with their service, spot on delivery time.

Quality of the frame itself ?, in my humble knowledge of this against other frames, the Sportive certainly appears stiff yet comfortable. Ive never detected any frame flex, and i'm not averse to getting out the saddle on hills and throwing the bike about. I know your interest is in a different model, but no problems or regrets with mine.

Cheers for that. Look forward to hearing from you.
Got the frame and forks mate. Look top quality. Very matte. Slight possibility that it might scratch up a bit if you ride bad roads and gravel etc. Looks very nice and well built.
On what i have seen i would recommend based on finish quality and workmanship. Headset already installed and i've just to pop it together. :thumbsup:

I will start a build thread and post some pics of the frame and bits and bobs before i start.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have thought about ordering the R872 frame a few times. Also considered the Planet X N2A (but in white). Be interesting to see the write ups when the Ribbles are on the road!

400bhp

Guru
I think I might have eyed my next bike...

C2W renewal next Jan - 10 months to grind down work on the missus:whistle:

Ribble R872. STEALTH.

standalone

standalone

standalone

standalone

standalone

Sorry about all the pics but i wanted to be thorough.

This is an hour in then i had to tend the the lady for the evening. Will take 3 or 4 hours to finish i suspect.

Full album is here

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
:laugh:

Nice looking frame! I may end up splashing the cash for one...
Any thoughts on BB30? I would probably get an adapter and use HTII for use with one of my existing chainsets. Also - I noticed there's a plastic tube for the internal gear cables but what about the rear brake? Routing such things without feeders is a bit of a nightmare, as I found out to my cost, with the Cube.

:laugh:

Nice looking frame! I may end up splashing the cash for one...
Any thoughts on BB30? I would probably get an adapter and use HTII for use with one of my existing chainsets. Also - I noticed there's a plastic tube for the internal gear cables but what about the rear brake? Routing such things without feeders is a bit of a nightmare, as I found out to my cost, with the Cube.
The R872 is fully routed for you, to my surprise! Should be a breeze to install.
The Praxis works BB30 adaptor looks like it is the business and the best in the market just now. It does cost £55 though. Does away with the BB30 bearings entirely.

Top Bottom