Rice cakes and Peanut butter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ok a bit late to the party with these bad boys but rice cakes and peanut butter or the dogs danglies. I’m assuming as they taste so braw it must mean they are bad for you :rolleyes:

On long rides i use maltodextrin and my home-made cycling snack but especially when touring, when i can't make new supplies of the snack (which uses a lot of peanut butter) have long thought of using rice cakes and peanut butter as fuel - the two components easily grabbed from aldi and lidl.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Are you recommending them for energy? Those 2 products are at the opposite ends of the spectrum for calorie density. You can cycle miles on a spoonful of P butter yet rice cakes are eaten on slimming world!

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmmm that’s two things to stick to the roof of your mouth. Wouldn’t be my choice! PB should only be eaten on hot toast ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Ooohh keep them coming me like that ! Albeit I can see a jar lasting no time :laugh:
If you really like stuff that sticks to the roof of your mouth...PB smeared on Communion wafers (which as announced at Midnight Mass, now come in gluten free variety if you're coeliac (of a GF faddist)!)

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
when I used to eat rice cakes, I had them with PB and marmalade. I could eat them all day. Only problem is, marmalade is packed with sugar, rice cakes are very high on the glycaemic index. The PB is about the only good part if you're not exercising

Top Bottom