Richmond Park 3 laps sticky?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whippet

Now this is something that inspired me on the old C+ forum....

Not really managed a decent time yet but if anyone's up for continuing the original thread then I'm sure I'll contribute in the near future.

3 laps of Richmond Park, clockwise or anti-clockwise; name; time; etc can't remember the other details but if any of the original participants are here then maybe we should give it a go again??

For me personally so far, 1 lap clockwise 20.13, not hot but I'll see how it goes...

Shaun

Founder
Just how big is Richmond Park? 20 mins for 1 lap ... wish we had somewhere like that near us! :thumbsup:

CotterPin

I did two laps (anti-clockwise) last week in a little shy of fifty minutes - even less hot than you, Whippet. If it is set up, maybe it would give me the incentive to try harder.

Technically, of course, anything quicker than 21 minutes is breaking the Park byelaws. ;)

i did three laps in 2 days... 2 laps on friday, one on sunday.

actually, they were the only complete laps... at other times i was going up white lodge hill to admire the view (and have a sit down) and switching directions.

on sunday i did manage 2 climbs of broomfield hill and 2 of kingston

L

Pottsy

I'd been keen on this thread. I normally only do 1 or 2 laps on my fixed wheel Pompino so it would be a good incentive (and comparison) to go and do 3 laps and try and get a bit faster.

Currently about 45 mins for 2 laps on fixed.

Brixtonfixed

Yes, the 3-lap challenge is the only thing that keeps me going back to Biker*dar. All-time PBs for three laps are 56:34 on gears, 58:20 on fixed. I'm only in London for about three weeks before moving oop north for evermore so there's a powerful incentive to keep at it! There are some murderously fast people out there... the C+ record holder was doing three in 49, which is truly awesome.

if the challenge included slowing down to say hello to rabbits/birds/deer and sitting watching the skylarks, i'd have you lot whupped!

L

Brixtonfixed

Slowing down for deer is not optional sometimes -- had to stop while what looked like the entire red deer herd crossed the road at Sawyers Hill yesterday. They didn't look like they'd take too kindly to being slalomed. Plays havoc with the lap times, of course...

gbs

Guru
OK, this is how individual entries in a consolidated table of merit might look after every body has posted their best time for the year to date

whippet,05-jan,cw, 52:35 Bianchi, geared, calm
fashion slave, 06-may, acw, 1:09:55, fixed, 15kph SWly wind
lardy, 07-jun, acw, 1:45:00, BSO, DK, headwind all way

BUT how do we allow multiple editors to access a single post?

Top Bottom