Richmond Park and carpet tacks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I went to RP this evening expecting the road from Kingston Gate to Roehampton Gate to be closed but it was open so we are now able to do laps again.
There are chicanes at each roundabout and apart from traffic being able to go to a carpark near Richmond gate it seems to be car free.
The only fly in the ointment was that between Robin Hood Gate and Roehampton Gate I got a puncture, a nice shiney new 20mm carpet tack. I don't know if it was there maliciously or not but it made roight through the tube and out the other side.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
That's good to hear i haven't been since lockdown begun. Ballet loops shall commence. Shame about the tacks.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Went there this morning . I hadnt realised it had been open for two weeks !
Very quiet in there and lovely not having the cars . Would be nice if they kept it like this .

Heigue'r

Veteran
Plan on taking a detour there in the morning on the way to work,a roundabout way to work,having only been there once early january this year.

Drago

Legendary Member
I went to RP this evening expecting the road from Kingston Gate to Roehampton Gate to be closed but it was open so we are now able to do laps again.
There are chicanes at each roundabout and apart from traffic being able to go to a carpark near Richmond gate it seems to be car free.
The only fly in the ointment was that between Robin Hood Gate and Roehampton Gate I got a puncture, a nice shiney new 20mm carpet tack. I don't know if it was there maliciously or not but it made roight through the tube and out the other side.
Of course it was there maliciously. It's doubtful any person has been laying carpet in the middle of the park and accidentally dropped it.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Def nicer in july,got overtaken by a gang of 10 or 12 at one point,I may as well have been cycling the other way at the speed they pulled away😂😂,done a couple of clockwise laps and one anti clockwise but had to go to get to work,could have spent the day there watching the world go by..did not see any carpet tacks

Globalti

Legendary Member
Drawing pins are a regular on the Cape Argus race in Cape Town, just before the 32,000 riders pass through a tough Cape Coloured area. I caught one and was immediately surrounded by a gang of boys each with a thick bandolier of inner tubes over the shoulder. Changing the tube was uncomfortable and hurried but nobody harmed me.

Top Bottom