England : Cheshire Ride around Chester/Wirral area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Mike, Still on for Sunday? Looking like it might be a bit moist (rather than wet) :rain:. If so, meet at the main crossroads (A56 & Station/School lane) in Mickle Trafford ~8.20?

OP
OP
redmike1970

redmike1970

Hi Mike, Still on for Sunday? Looking like it might be a bit moist (rather than wet) :rain:. If so, meet at the main crossroads (A56 & Station/School lane) in Mickle Trafford ~8.20?

Hi Martin, sorry for not being in touch earlier. I have been away with work all week and only got back last night! I can't make this sunday as I'm taking my son to the rally of great britain today and tomorrow in the welsh forests then on to llandudno for the finish kn sunday. No rest for the wicked!
I'm definitely free next sunday if you can make it? And we can meet at the same place if you are free?
Well, let me know if you can and if you get to ride this weekend, enjoy! I've certainly missed riding this week!

Hi Mike, Thanks for letting me know and lets pencil in for next Sunday? I'll see if I can drag my sorry b*m onto the saddle tomorrow anyway.

Hi Matthew,
Heard nothing from Mike :whistle:, but I've got a couple of short rides in the last two weekends and was planning to head out early Sunday, possibly into the Clwydians for a short one. Only plans are leaving early ~8 or 8.30 and probably ~2.5 hrs (both because of family) and it won't be too demanding as I'm still suffering xx( from the after effects of clots (excuse long story). Could try and do something then, or arrange for another ride ~Christmas time (family stuff the following two weekends)?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Can I hijack this thread please......
I left the Wirral/Cheshire when I was 17, so don't really know the ins and outs of the roads any more. The Saturday before christmas I'll be leaving Cambs early to pick up my mum and having a ride through Cheshire on the way will mean killing 2 birds......
I will be getting off the M6 for Crewe and Nantwich and come through Nantwich.
I am looking for quiet non A road riding30-50 mile loop.
Thank you.

Can I hijack this thread please......
up my mum and having a ride through Cheshire on the way will mean killing 2 birds...... I will be getting off the M6 for Crewe and Nantwich and come through Nantwich. I am looking for quiet non A road riding30-50 mile loop. Thank you.
Assuming you're starting from ~Nantwich (is this right?), you've got a fair bit of choice.
* North ~following the sandstone trail up to Delamere/Frodsham and back through the Northwich, Middlewich?
* Northwest - through the Cheshire plains, plenty of cycle ways and reasonably well signed, very flat.
* West - onto the foothills of the Clwydians. Flat ride to/from the Clwydians and the
* East - mow cop & foothills of the peaks ...
Anything you're interested in?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Assuming you're starting from ~Nantwich (is this right?), you've got a fair bit of choice.
* North ~following the sandstone trail up to Delamere/Frodsham and back through the Northwich, Middlewich?
* Northwest - through the Cheshire plains, plenty of cycle ways and reasonably well signed, very flat.
* West - onto the foothills of the Clwydians. Flat ride to/from the Clwydians and the
* East - mow cop & foothills of the peaks ...
Anything you're interested in?

Anything really. Most important is the quiet roads. Maybe parking at Reaseheath (where I was a student in the 80's) and out through the back toward Northwich. So long as I don't hit busy stuff!
Thanks for the reply Martin.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Unfortunately I work weekends so the only time I could do a ride is in the week.

Anything really. Most important is the quiet roads. Maybe parking at Reaseheath (where I was a student in the 80's) and out through the back toward Northwich. So long as I don't hit busy stuff!
Thanks for the reply Martin.
Are you looking for a few hills ... I may be able to get a bit of time off on the Saturday before Christmas (may not as well) so if the weather if fair(ish), may join you?

There are plenty of back lanes which you can use from Reaseheath.
I quickly put a 50 miler together http://connect.garmin.com/course/5249432 . there is are a couple of sections on 'main' roads. Short sections that I know are fine (I cycle them all the time). I live in Cuddington and frequently cycle to Alsager and back, cutting across country. Where I have put you on the A533, it is a 'modern' road so is wide and open and has a cycle lane off to the side of the carriageway (as part of the road) and whilst it is a national speed limit, there really is no issue along it.

There are loads of options for 'cutting corners' and shortening it. Regretfully I suspect I can not join you that day (21st ?) because we will be cycling from Cuddington to Alsager & back ourselves.

Top Bottom