Wales : West Glamorgan Ride around Dragon Sportive Route Spring 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
After the huge success of Lukes Dad/Rich P with the Ride around the Trans Cambrian route I seem to have volunteered to organize a ride based on the Dragon Sportive Route in South Wales.

The ride is all on tarmac roads and takes in the famous Bwlch and Rhigos climbs/descents. None of the route is excessively steep there are cafes pubs and a couple of bike shops in towns we go through.
It is most definitely hilly though so bring your climbing legs with you.^_^

The Route http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=483146
This route has slightly less climbing than the Trans Cambrian also has a couple of options for anyone who wanted to do a shorter version to set off with the group then decide at a couple of critical junctions how far they want to go.

Date 0830 hrs Saturday 6th April 2013 Starting in Bettws Village about 5 miles North from Bridgend

Definitely declare an interest Banjo, in some or all of it, depending on how spring finds me. A wknd of it, like the Trans Cambrian would be excellent as well but I'll wait and see what others think.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Pencil me in! Events may intercede but in theory I'm up for it. A similar wknd, as Crax says will allow us to imbibe large quantities of snakebite and black:whistle:

U

User482

Looks great. If I can get to it from a train station and I'm free, I'd love to come.

Noodley

I'm fecked if I am having another train adventure to Wales, I am still knackered after the journey home!

But that just means I'll have to find a different mode of transport...I'd be up for it in principle but it depends on the date as I have got targets set for 2013 audaxes.

lukesdad

I'm fecked if I am having another train adventure to Wales, I am still knackered after the journey home!

But that just means I'll have to find a different mode of transport...I'd be up for it in principle but it depends on the date as I have got targets set for 2013 audaxes.
Just leave a bike down here and fly Noods......you know you want to !

Noodley

I have checked flight prices between edinburgh and cardiff, and it might be an option if the current prices are indicative of standard fares...

However, I am only free between 17 March and 13 April (inclusive) due to audaxes what I have written entered.

But feel free to carry on without me...

I am thinking of organising a 100 mile (or thereabouts) ride in July which you can all attend if you are missing my cheery outlook on life :laugh:

lukesdad

I have checked flight prices between edinburgh and cardiff, and it might be an option if the current prices are indicative of standard fares...

However, I am only free between 17 March and 13 April (inclusive) due to audaxes what I have written entered.

I am thinking of organising a 100 mile (or thereabouts) ride in July which you can all attend if you are missing my cheery outlook on life :laugh:
I'll be there just name the date.

rich p

ridiculous old lush

If I can make it, and I certainly hope to, I could always pick you up from LGW or LHR.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
As this ride thread evolves I will edit the original post with the latest info to save having to search through hundreds of posts.
Proposed date April 6th.

Noodley

Very good banj, I'll pencil the date in my diary :thumbsup: and hopefully I can make it down

I'll look at sorting out transport nearer the time

Noodley

Return flight is £78 between edinburgh and cardiff, plus whatever they charge for my bike, and takes 1hr 30mins.
The cost of the cheapest off peak crappy train is £165 between dundee and cardiff and takes 8 hours. They really are taking the pi55

Top Bottom