Ride for Food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
10 times up and down Shooters Hill, with tea at Greenwich Starbucks then...

I'll stand at the top and count you up and down!!!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Initial thoughts for October's ride for food (yes I know I'm early) are to go to Rye. This will make it around 150 miles rather than 100 and it will be quite challenging. Would people be up for this or should I think of a different destination?

There's a quickly mocked up route here

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Initial thoughts for October's ride for food (yes I know I'm early) are to go to Rye. This will make it around 150 miles rather than 100 and it will be quite challenging. Would people be up for this or should I think of a different destination?

A good call.
Myself and Ross did a similar route earlier this year that was about the same mileage.

That route would be good to start from the south side of London Bridge @ Evans

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Would there be bail out options for us mere mortals?

Obvious bailout would be Rye but that wouldn't get you a 100. It's a fairly easy cut across from Tenterden to Ashford for the HS1 back to London as well. Further on there's a cut across to Maidstone.

I was thinking more of avoiding big towns rather than bail points. Still it is a first attempt at the route and can be modified.

Volunteers will also be need to ride it one day.

Obvious bailout would be Rye but that wouldn't get you a 100. It's a fairly easy cut across from Tenterden to Ashford for the HS1 back to London as well. Further on there's a cut across to Maidstone.

Lots of nice vineyards in those parts :whistle: . There's no way I'd make 100 at the speed you guys go at, but I might make half the ride, if I can make the road bike more comfortable.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Lots of nice vineyards in those parts :whistle: . There's no way I'd make 100 at the speed you guys go at, but I might make half the ride, if I can make the road bike more comfortable.

It won't be that quick. You might need to bring your flip flops though.......

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

I would cut loose before that, head West towards my neck of the woods.
tongue.gif

rb58

Enigma

Looks good Martin. Vigo Hill was resurfaced a couple of months ago (I think) so you should now be able go down it without worrying about dying. As for going up it......? Maybe you could cut west before then and go through Offham, Platt, Borough Green, Pilgrims Way and end up taking in Knatt's Valley? That might mean Exedown Hill though.

Top Bottom