ride getting harder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moo

Maybe all those Christmas sprouts?
I'm still eating them, until they go out of season. Local cyclists should be grateful I no longer commute :smile:

Steady on, screeners, I think the OP - who is new - was only using 50kph as a figure of speech to indicate he has not joined a group inappropriate to his level of fitness.

I agree about eating less to lose weight.

I agree too but I still wouldnt feel this was an appropriate action. If I were to eat less, I would get hungry:hungry:. Plus I need all the calories I can get given the nature of my job, aswell as the distance to get there when I cycle.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers for the replies I'm going to take it easy for the next week or two. looking to increase ride length when the weather gets warmer.

Try and increase the length of your rides as soon as. By the time the good weather comes along you will be flying.

J1888

Über Member
Eat less, ride further :smile: you won't lose weight cycling 5 miles, even if it's each way. Nor do you need to eat in any specific way. Probably is the weather, lack of sleep, stress in your life, possibly a lurking virus or any combination

If you want to lose bulk, you either have to stay away from weights or completely change physiology if that's how you are created. ultimately, you probably aren't excessively overweight for your size. Add running, swimming, rowing whatever to your fitness regimen. Those who do those of types of exercises regularly, tend to be toned and not fat, nor over muscled

And a roadbike would probably help you speed up and manage longer distances. 6 months of 60 miles a week isn't cycle training for performance riding

I do 6 miles each way and have lost weight

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm guessing you were ill, sweated lots and ate little

KneesUp

Guru
...its only a 5 mile ride ... and a 15 minute ride is now at 20 mins,

Time trial average is 47-53kph so your wrong. I'm after advice not your doing this wrong. I'm averaging 21kph on my commute already and fastest is 24kph

Claimed speed in first post:
Fastest: 5 miles in 15 minutes = average 20mph or 32kmph.
Current: 5 miles in 20 minutes = average 15mph or 24kmph

Claimed speed in second post:
Fastest: 5 miles in 20 mins = average 14.9mph or 24kmph
Current: 5 miles in 23 mins = average 13mph or 21kmph

Is it possible that there is no decline in speed but your measurements / perception of how fast you are going is a bit out?

ayceejay

Guru
Claimed speed in first post:
Fastest: 5 miles in 15 minutes = average 20mph or 32kmph.
Current: 5 miles in 20 minutes = average 15mph or 24kmph

Claimed speed in second post:
Fastest: 5 miles in 20 mins = average 14.9mph or 24kmph
Current: 5 miles in 23 mins = average 13mph or 21kmph

Is it possible that there is no decline in speed but your measurements / perception of how fast you are going is a bit out?

Bloody hell - riding a bike is getting more like rocket science by the day

Top Bottom