Ride in of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
What a lovely ride in this morning

Expecting Friday legs and slightly nervey about coming back early doors on a half day (to coach the school 11 year old girls team in their half term football tournament)

But right from the off it was quick, some wind around so it must have been behind me, not that quick, it was Friday after all but it was fast and it felt good, beautiful day, sunny but just fresh enough to feel good, I had a Specalized top on I don't wear much, it's a bit short and only two pockets, but now I've lost a bit of weight it feels rather smart, tight and very bold black and red, and the dead fast retro Peugeot socks with the dead fast chequered bands around the ankle.

And it was a good ride, there was a fair bit of nonsense but it was one of those days when you see it all early and react well and it's all cool

Rolled up to the massive crossroads after Mile End tube heading East and scowled every so slightly at a cop car in the ASL, wait for the lights to change, slight pause while peds run across late, off we go, check right and a people mover with two men of Asian ethic background comes sailing through a red light, utterly late and badly out of order, I let out a lusty bellow of 'self-gratification artists' with a one fingered salute, someone toots their horn, maybe them at me, as if by magic I hear sirens and see lights as the cop car gets after them in the moment of the finger, outstanding, happy happy, the cops are forgiven

Bishopsgate, rolling slowly in primary in the left lane, see the car in the right lane start to decide he's going to move into the left, hold primary, level with the front window, he must see me right? not really, when he's real close a sharp double slap from the palm to his passenger window brings an impressive 5mph emergency stop from him, and a face of bewilderment like his car has been hit by a meteorite

A good stab at a sprint finish over London Bridge to erm ... finish and then sit at desk with just the right level of happy triumphant glow rather than sweat

and the daughter's useless kids' football team that I saw this time last year (terrible) did quite well, in part thanks to me storming up and down the line howling every cliche under the sun 'push up', 'spread out for christ's sake', 'you're not in a knitting circle', 'get to the ball', 'heads up', 'concenrate', 'you don't need four defenders, we've got the ball', 'mark that one, you can't just let them stand there' and an awful lot more ... went all four games undefeated, four clean sheets and a single win to secure third place, yeeha

a frankly levered in bbq with some toothsome ribs emergency defrosted and some bargain chicken legs dignified with reggae reggae sauce to end the day, sweet and it's good weather all weekend init?

looking forward to the summer's cycling after some recent slightly grumpy rides

life is good peeps, never forget it

:biggrin:

No p*nct*re for once then?:biggrin:

My fixie is now fitted with a horn...just waiting for a new battery to power it.
12v and technically I could use the battery to power the camera if needed.

I would have blasted the horn instead of tapping on the window..(or shouted (if no horn) probably)

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
no

I had some slow punctures of late due to using some of those Park glueless patches, first time for weeks the tyres have been rock hard all ride all day

you miserable scrote

get with the summer love

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
hackbike 666 said:

I pour on the love and all I get in return is the same tired old puncture quip

I wear the same pair of bib shorts and MTB shoes every single ride, I don;t really consider them choices

It was sandals and, denim shorts and a black T shirt for the football, tsk

Tynan said:
I pour on the love and all I get in return is the same tired old puncture quip

Bit touchy...;)

I always wear my favourite Tiger shirt which I bought in Hong Kong....Mean to get it repaired tomorrow though.

potsy

Rambler
Sounds like you've had a good day Ty,nice one.
Good feeling when a fave bit of clothing starts to fit as it should again:biggrin:

c2c

redredrobin
i posted a thread in much the same vein as this one, except i was riding home. i didnt expand as much, and i did use some happy clappy flowery language, viz a viz how happy i was to be on my bike.............:smile:but i didnt get eeeeeven 1 reply.......;)

potsy

Rambler
c2c said:
i posted a thread in much the same vein as this one, except i was riding home. i didnt expand as much, and i did use some happy clappy flowery language, viz a viz how happy i was to be on my bike.............:smile:but i didnt get eeeeeven 1 reply.......;)
Awww that's a shame c2c,maybe everyone has you on 'ignore':biggrin:;)

c2c

redredrobin
potsy said:
Awww that's a shame c2c,maybe everyone has you on 'ignore':biggrin:;)

im happy now cos im counting that as a reply...............yeeehaaaaaaa im loved again.....:smile:

seriously though i defo share tynan`s sentiment, sometimes a ride, even if its a commute to or from work, can all come together to make one realise just why we ride our bikes and dont sit in the tin box.

A lot of my threads are never really posted on so a lot of the time I don't really bother making new threads...Sort of vicious circle really.Then again im not a favourite on here either.

Top Bottom