Ride Le Tour - all cancelled.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monkey Boy

Just received word from 'Ride Le Tour' that all their 2008 tour packages have been cancelled due to ill health:sad:

Was really looking forward to Stages 10 & 11 and have been gearing up with a training schedule (Cycling+ schedule looks good). Now I'm gonna have to find somat else.

Anyone have recommendations or scare stories?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We're an unsympathetic lot aren't we. Sorry about your trip, Monkey Boy. You must be gutted! No reason why you can't do the trip anyway is there? Self-organised etc??

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
You could try Craig at Veloventoux (IIRC). I've not been myself, but I've heard good reports. Or look at the Grenoble-Cycle site, run by a Brit expat, lots of ride info on there for the Alps. Transport wise, Avignon (for Ventoux), Grenoble, Geneva (Alps) are quite easy to get to by train or plane.
I'm doing Ventoux by train in early May, so I'll stick something up once I'm back.
Or the Bikehotels in Rimini / Ancona, maybe? They're more early and late season.

OP
OP
M

Monkey Boy

Was gutted indeed! Splendid....thanks for the tips Doc.

A quick squint round the back of cycling+ mag gives a number of options too, notably 'tour des cols'. Will probably fly out of Aberdeen to Paris and onward to the final destination through KLM. I need to use up some airmiles anyway....although the missus will gripe that I'm not taking her and the kids somewhere warm.

I'm planning to go sometime in August as I have some international travel with work looming in March, April and May (!), holiday with the family in June, Stag weekend to organise early August....don't know where I'm gonna fit all the training in.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Monkey Boy said:
Was gutted indeed! Splendid....thanks for the tips Doc.

A quick squint round the back of cycling+ mag gives a number of options too, notably 'tour des cols'. Will probably fly out of Aberdeen to Paris and onward to the final destination through KLM. I need to use up some airmiles anyway....although the missus will gripe that I'm not taking her and the kids somewhere warm.

I'm planning to go sometime in August as I have some international travel with work looming in March, April and May (!), holiday with the family in June, Stag weekend to organise early August....don't know where I'm gonna fit all the training in.

August? Not the best time. France goes away in August, so hotels and roads are chocker. September would be better - a bit cooler, emptier.

Top Bottom