Ride to Amsterdam and break the cycle of homelessness with Cardboard Citizens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
13th-16th September 2013

4 countries, 3 days, 2 wheels, 1 cause …
Breaking the cycle of homelessness with Cardboard Citizens

Join #TeamCitz as we cycle from London to Amsterdam to raise money for an award-winning charity that helps homeless and at-risk people change their lives through theatre and the performing arts. Join us for an epic 280 mile cycling adventure taking in four countries on your way; England, France, Belgium & the Netherlands. From the rolling hills of England to the North Sea coastal route, we will be cycling through medieval towns in Belgium and across the vast waterways of the Dutch lowlands, before finishing in Amsterdam, the cycling capital of the world!

We depart bright and early on Friday 13th of September from Blackheath, Southeast London and arrive in Amsterdam on Sunday 15th of September. Monday 16th will allow you most of the day in Amsterdam for relaxing, sight-seeing or free time of your choice before the group departs for London in the late afternoon.

"Beautiful countryside, amazing people, and saddle sore: the best three days of my year."
Chloe, cyclist 2010

Please use the link below to see all the details for registration fees and sponsorship forms.
http://www.cardboardcitizens.org.uk/p2s87.html

For more information, call Rachel Tiley on 020 7377 8948 or email Rachel@cardboardcitizens.org.uk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
4 countries, 3 days, 2 wheels, 1 cause …

You say that minimum sponsorship target for the ride is £1500 (less £100 deposit).
If for whatever reason someone does not raise that amount. Do they have to make up the shortfall?

Lee_M

Guru
You say that minimum sponsorship target for the ride is £1500 (less £100 deposit).
If for whatever reason someone does not raise that amount. Do they have to make up the shortfall?

that's quite a lot! these charity rides (and I don't have a problem with them per se) seem to be getting either very greedy or very expensive to setup and support if they need that sort of guaranteed income from each rider

OP
OP
Cardboard Citizens
Hi Ianrauk, thanks for your message. When you sign up to the Charity ride you pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship target of £1,500. We will provide you with dedicated fundraising support from a member of Cardboard Citizens' fundraising team and regular support communication to ensure that you reach your target. We are here to support you every step of the way.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Ianrauk, thanks for your message. When you sign up to the Charity ride you pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship target of £1,500. We will provide you with dedicated fundraising support from a member of Cardboard Citizens' fundraising team and regular support communication to ensure that you reach your target. We are here to support you every step of the way.

Thanks, but it does not answer my question.
So I will ask again so it is clear to the Cycle Chat membership.

If some one who has signed up to do the ride has for what ever reason not raised the specified amount. Do they have to make up the shortfall? Yes or no?

OP
OP
Cardboard Citizens
The amount specified is an ideal target which we, as an organisation, set to cover the costs of the event and make it as beneficial as possible. All we require from our riders is that they try to raise funds to the best of their ability. I hope you will consider joining us on our ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The amount specified is an ideal target which we, as an organisation, set to cover the costs of the event and make it as beneficial as possible. All we require from our riders is that they try to raise funds to the best of their ability. I hope you will consider joining us on our ride.

OK.
Do riders have to make up the shortfall - Yes or no?
Please clarify.

OP
OP
Cardboard Citizens
We understand that some may be unable to raise the specified target so we do not force them to make up the shortfall if they are, for whatever reason, unable to raise that amount. Ultimately, Cardboard Citizens wants participants to find the whole experience stress-free, enjoyable and memorable.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We understand that some may be unable to raise the specified target so we do not force them to make up the shortfall if they are, for whatever reason, unable to raise that amount. Ultimately, Cardboard Citizens wants participants to find the whole experience stress-free, enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for the clarification.

Top Bottom