Ride tracking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

I must say, I am not a heavy user, most my stuff is emails as I run my own website, but I can get 2 days maybe 3 out of a charge with the S8+, it is very good...

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Yes, that's what I meant, a power pack

I got an excellent 10000mah capacity one from Amazon, neat sleek, double the capacity and lower in price than the one you linked

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06ZZ571D9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi

Just about to order a powerbank, battery may be good enough but better be safe... @vickster , was that the exact same one you purchase? looks ideal :smile:

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I often just have LOCATION on and actually turn the data off....it saves alot of battery and still tracks the same!

I have a Moto E4 Plus, I bought the handset as I have issues with my f*&^%%$ LG G5 - the plus point of buying it was it boasted a larger battery capacity. If you are at all worried, I would recommend getting a portable battery charger....it's probably been mentioned before. I have one for my rides just in case!

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Hopefully, this time next week the bike will be here, and I will have done my first bike ride in 35 years :smile: may only be about 3-4 mile trip but it's an extra 3-4 miles of exercise I would not have had :smile:

More to the point hopefully the bike will perform without fault even though I am still a little on the heavy side.... but not for long ;)

I spoke to Evans on Thursday who confirmed the bike will be in there warehouse on Friday 11th and at the store Monday so I should get a call on Tuesday to arrange collection which will be Friday...

And I never thought I would say I am looking forward to it lol

vickster

Legendary Member
Hopefully, this time next week the bike will be here, and I will have done my first bike ride in 35 years :smile: may only be about 3-4 mile trip but it's an extra 3-4 miles of exercise I would not have had :smile:

More to the point hopefully the bike will perform without fault even though I am still a little on the heavy side.... but not for long ;)

I spoke to Evans on Thursday who confirmed the bike will be in there warehouse on Friday 11th and at the store Monday so I should get a call on Tuesday to arrange collection which will be Friday...

And I never thought I would say I am looking forward to it lol
Be prepared for your nether regions to hurt, decent padded shorts can help :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Lol... Oh I am ... I am going to take it nice an easy at first ... need to get some cycling shoes and trousers next week once I know it's arrived and ready for collection :smile:
You don't need cycling shoes at least not to start

vickster

Legendary Member
When I say cycling shoes I suppose I mean some decent trainers, I use some at the gym but the soles are not that thick/strong and they would not stand pedals that well... was looking at these to start..

https://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-tour-100-low-mens-cycling-shoes-144093?colcode=14409341

Not bad price and good soles on them
Those are designed to clip in, they'll be slippery on flat pedals. Personally I always get cramp trying to ride flat pedals in stff(ish) soles. A walking type shoe would be a better option, bit not with too rugged a sole

They'll also be pretty flexy for bike shoes based on prior reviews on here for MF shoes. And they were never (worth) £90 :laugh:

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

I will go into the store and see what they have, don't think I would pay £90 for anything lol ... I may just get some better training shoes with stiffer and thicker soles.. Not going to pay a fortune just yet ;)

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
DC Rainmaker is renowned for thoroughly testing devices. He has debunked the 17 hour battery claim and reckons its more like 8-9 hours.

Compare that brand new device to your aging Garmin 810 battery life of 6.5 hours and it would appear to not be particularly superior in comparison @PaulSB?

I am sure that the Wahoo is great kit, but personally can’t see how it is any better than the current Garmin options.
The mapping is better.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Better how! I'm not (yet) convinced as the Wahoo tried to send me down invisible bridlepaths when I asked it take to take me somewhere as a test
Clearer an quicker to read. Have been using mine for over a month now. Its never sent me the wrong way. The garmin has to much detail. So a longer glance is needed. I would rather spend less time looking at the Wahoo and more time looking at the road.

Top Bottom