Ride with GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
For anyone who uses RidewithGPS. Can you plot a route with an android phone or does it have to be done on a PC. I am looking at it on my Samsung phone but cannot see how I can plot a route.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I use RWGPS on iPhone, and it's not possible to plan a route on the phone (mobile app)
We've managed it on the iPad, but using the website on a browser. Route can then be downloaded to use offline on the mobile.
We haven't attempted to plot via browser on mobile, so don't know how practical that would be.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I just tried to plan a route on the browser of my phone. It doesn't not work is the best I can say.

If I had a trained mouse who could do it with his teeny tiny paws, maybe. But with my fat fingers ... no chance.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Ok. Is there an app where you can plot a route on the phone and follow it. Rather than chose an address and let the gps take you there?

Ok. Is there an app where you can plot a route on the phone and follow it. Rather than chose an address and let the gps take you there?
Cyclestreets.net now do an app but I've no experience of it.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Plotaroute's website is very mobile friendly- lets you switch between scrolling around the screen and setting waypoints. I've plotted routes with Osmand and then transferred them to the Garmin.

Top Bottom