RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Stone

Saw this put a reminder to get it entered what were people's thoughts who did it?

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Thought better idea to start a new thread for next years event, rather than continue the 60 page monster for the inaugural one.

Online registration for the ballot begins Monday 12th August, 26,000 places available this year, ballot limited to first 80,000 or when it closes mid January, whichever comes first.

As I said in the inaugural thread, would be great for similar speed cyclechat members to have a better chance of being group together so suggested the idea of putting down similar expected finish time. I would suggest 6 hrs 30 but obviously there may be different bands people want to suggest for higher abilities than mine!

Here's to 2014.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Can we put the website address up here? More CC members will have access to it that way?

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/The_Events/Prudential_RideLondon-Surrey_100/Entries/Ballot.htm

Cant see anyone having an issue with the link here, have linked plenty of times to RideLondon before without an issue?

fabregas485

I am super happy, and am looking forward to getting my registration in on Monday. I have never done a cycle of 100 miles, so any tips for a newbie like me?

I was talking to the charity I would like to cycle for, and they told me if I do not get in with registration, they have 5 places for the people with the most sponsorship.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I am super happy, and am looking forward to getting my registration in on Monday. I have never done a cycle of 100 miles, so any tips for a newbie like me?

I was talking to the charity I would like to cycle for, and they told me if I do not get in with registration, they have 5 places for the people with the most sponsorship.

For the miles, just get miles under your belt in the next year. When you can comfortably do 60 miles you should be ok on the day to do the 100, although I am sure there will have been plenty doing over 50 for the first time last week. I would say to make it easy for yourself, get the bike out as much as time will allow.

As for the charity, bit weird imo them saying that, makes it a bit of a lottery? Charities have guaranteed places on offer, so wait until the ballot comes through, if you get in, you can pick any charity you want to represent, and raise as much or as little as you want. If you fail to get in, there are loads of great charities to choose from that have a place set, you just need to raise xx amount minimum for them.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Oooh its new here.

Smells like fresh paint.

Nice.

If I don't get in on the ballot, I may consider a charity place, but more likely I will volunteer to become a marshal or summat.

Apparently the CTC had 300 volunteers helping out on Saturday and Sunday.

Top Bottom