RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

freewheelwilly

Oh, and i did it in 3hr 57secs according to my computer. So faster than i was expecting due to the conditions but all the riders around me were safe and well drilled

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
So sad about the rider who sadly passed away.

Shouldn't discourage anyone looking to try and take part next year, it's still a fantastic event.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
So sad about the rider who sadly passed away.

Shouldn't discourage anyone looking to try and take part next year, it's still a fantastic event.

I agree, being on the sweeper bus with the injured, the fatigued, and the mechanically failed riders - they all had a desire to finish, to take part, to make a difference. My hat goes off to each and every participant for going for it. I hope they try again next year.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I saw this photo on FB earlier, sums up yesterday I think.

10426175_10204651358909840_6622628408374436643_n.jpg

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Oh, the absolutely best thing I bought for the ride was a couple of gel flasks. Could get 5 gels in each, so spot on.
Made taking on gels much easier, as I didn't have to mess around with chewing the top off the sachets, and no litter to dispose of either.

anyuser

Über Member
Got round in 5:06 official and 4:56 moving time on Garmin so pleased with that. Also a big thank you to Evans Cycles for getting replacement shoe straps to me on overnight delivery after I discovered a broken shoe on Friday - cue panic.

sleaver

Veteran
For those with Garmins, did your elevation seem to drop off the face of the earth just before Wimbledon Hill? I've seen one other that seems to have done it as well.

I would have said 100m under sea level may have not been far from the truth yesterday :smile: but it was sunny when I got to Wimbledon.

upload_2014-8-11_15-49-34.png

freewheelwilly

For those with Garmins, did your elevation seem to drop off the face of the earth just before Wimbledon Hill? I've seen one other that seems to have done it as well.

I would have said 100m under sea level may have not been far from the truth yesterday :smile: but it was sunny when I got to Wimbledon.

View attachment 53019

Thats bonkers but it felt that steep yesterday

anyuser

Über Member

View attachment 53019

My Garmin profile looks completely different to yours and it doesnt have that pothole you must have cycled into in Wimbledon!
I dont know how to copy the profile or I would paste it in here too.

PK99

Legendary Member

View attachment 53019

You must have fallen into one of the infamous Womble burrows - terrible hazard unless you know where they are.

sleaver

Veteran
I dont know how to copy the profile or I would paste it in here too.
I just took a screenshot, pasted it into MS Paint and then selected and copied the graph.

Richmond Park seems correct, but it seems to have gone wrong around Newlands. I think the Edge 800 works from barometric pressure so I wonder if the storm was playing silly buggers.

This is the other one I've seen. His seems to have gone on holiday between Kingston and Wimbledon although he doesn't seem to have gone underground to see the wombles.

http://www.strava.com/activities/178387555

sleaver

Veteran
For those that were going to do their first imperial century yesterday, has it hit you yet that we still have to go out and do it?

I though earlier "Bugger, its still to be done and without 24,000 other people, that will be a bit harder"

vickster

Legendary Member
Go out and do the full run at 5am on a Sunday morning again ;) I am not sure the 24,000 others make it easier, just the lack of cars and traffic lights

Top Bottom