Simontm
Guru
Shhhaaaddddduuuupppppp....my wife has already given me one of *those* looks when I casually mentioned that the gearing on the Diverge is obviously not suitable for the Surrey HillsI'm in!
This could be my best excuse to buy a new bike!
![]()


Shhhaaaddddduuuupppppp....my wife has already given me one of *those* looks when I casually mentioned that the gearing on the Diverge is obviously not suitable for the Surrey HillsI'm in!
This could be my best excuse to buy a new bike!
![]()


I was dropped off on the south side of the Blackwall Tunnel last year, the ride in was OK, I was pleased to be able to ride through the tunnel. I found the route on the other side poorly signed and quite chaotic, I had to put on my London commuter head now and then to make progress. There were a lot of cars snarled up in the diversions and not feeling overly cycle friendly.Nearer the time they will send you a travel preferences form to fill in which will contain a link to various organised all day parking at a special rate. I used their parking at the o2 last year and it was a doddle to get to the start, just followed the hundreds of cyclists heading in the same direction!
I was dropped off on the south side of the Blackwall Tunnel last year, the ride in was OK, I was pleased to be able to ride through the tunnel.........I did the riverboat back and then found there was a closed road route back to Docklands so would ride and walk through the Greenwich foot tunnel instead if given the choice.
Hi. I've got a spare room in Woolwich so a couple of miles down to the Blackwall tunnel and a warm up ride if you want. I had forgotten I'd entered the ballot and got a congratulations letter yesterday so better get back in the saddle after a year of no pedalling. Cate xFeel free to open mine too. I think rather fewer than 80 tandems started last year!
Has anyone got a hotel room near Stratford going begging?
For those wondering about charity places this year they will have paid £200 per place. I have been told they pay more for London Marathon because it's so popular.
http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/mayor-...guaranteed-places/fundraising/article/1145369
Thanks for the offer! Paging @rvw.Hi. I've got a spare room in Woolwich so a couple of miles down to the Blackwall tunnel and a warm up ride if you want. I had forgotten I'd entered the ballot and got a congratulations letter yesterday so better get back in the saddle after a year of no pedalling. Cate x
Market forces, and guaranteed places at a guess.How do they arrive at £200 per charity rider?
What do the charities get their £200 part from a rider in the event?

Ohh yeah. That is all.