RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2015) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
I'm in!

This could be my best excuse to buy a new bike!
:bicycle:
Shhhaaaddddduuuupppppp....my wife has already given me one of *those* looks when I casually mentioned that the gearing on the Diverge is obviously not suitable for the Surrey Hills :whistle: :laugh:^_^

SteveBM

I'm in having had to pull out last year through illness
Unfortunately I've just realised it clashes with the day I fly back home from holiday so I will be cancelling
What a stupid mistake to make!

Tomtrumps

A commiserations magazine for me too. Decided last night to go for a charity place and seem to have got one, £25 in and need to raise £475, with Epilepsy Action. Having suffered with epilepsy myself, in hindsight seems a better way to do it. Very handy that my work has a charity matching scheme so raising should be ok.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Nearer the time they will send you a travel preferences form to fill in which will contain a link to various organised all day parking at a special rate. I used their parking at the o2 last year and it was a doddle to get to the start, just followed the hundreds of cyclists heading in the same direction!
I was dropped off on the south side of the Blackwall Tunnel last year, the ride in was OK, I was pleased to be able to ride through the tunnel. I found the route on the other side poorly signed and quite chaotic, I had to put on my London commuter head now and then to make progress. There were a lot of cars snarled up in the diversions and not feeling overly cycle friendly.

Having said that, I'd happily do the same again, being a Sunday there might be on street parking around to use although you're on the edge of the slope out of the London basin there which you might prefer not to have to climb at the end of everything.

I did the riverboat back and then found there was a closed road route back to Docklands so would ride and walk through the Greenwich foot tunnel instead if given the choice.

Zcapp96

I was dropped off on the south side of the Blackwall Tunnel last year, the ride in was OK, I was pleased to be able to ride through the tunnel.........I did the riverboat back and then found there was a closed road route back to Docklands so would ride and walk through the Greenwich foot tunnel instead if given the choice.

I picked the O2 as it was straight up the A2 and took less than an hour from home. It also gave me a free go on the emirates airline thingy! I took the special charter riverboat back which was very poorly sign posted from the finish and took ages to find the right peir. Will do the O2 again this year as was so easy although riding through the tunnel is tempting for some bizarre reason!

Snail Bait

Feel free to open mine too. I think rather fewer than 80 tandems started last year!

Has anyone got a hotel room near Stratford going begging?
Hi. I've got a spare room in Woolwich so a couple of miles down to the Blackwall tunnel and a warm up ride if you want. I had forgotten I'd entered the ballot and got a congratulations letter yesterday so better get back in the saddle after a year of no pedalling. Cate x

Snail Bait

For those wondering about charity places this year they will have paid £200 per place. I have been told they pay more for London Marathon because it's so popular.
http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/mayor-...guaranteed-places/fundraising/article/1145369

U

User33236

I have booked a hotel near the finish like i did last year. The 9 mile or so ride to the start was used as an easy warm up then its a short ride back from the finish on the Mall.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Hi. I've got a spare room in Woolwich so a couple of miles down to the Blackwall tunnel and a warm up ride if you want. I had forgotten I'd entered the ballot and got a congratulations letter yesterday so better get back in the saddle after a year of no pedalling. Cate x
Thanks for the offer! Paging @rvw.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
How do they arrive at £200 per charity rider?
What do the charities get their £200 part from a rider in the event?
Market forces, and guaranteed places at a guess.

I'll not knock anyone who wants to go that way, but personally I refuse to do 'charity junkets' like this, Sky diving, trekking etc. while you raise money, I'd prefer to just donate rather than be bribed royally to fund raise.

But this is really a topic for a different bit of the forum.

image.jpg

:wahhey::dance:Ohh yeah. That is all.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom