RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2018) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got the "commiserations" magazine this year. Never mind, I've done the last two, and TBF, the riding standards were so shockingly bad, I felt grateful to have completed them without serious incident. I've got an option to ride with my club under their club entry, but I think I'll probably give it a miss, not least because I've practically never actually ridden with them, unless they happen to have incidentally on one of my routes at the same time, the 12 percent shop discount is really the reason I'm with them. I'm riding the velo Birmingham this year, that should be good for a giggle "brummy banter and free gels" yayyyyyyy:laugh:.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yeah, why not? I enjoyed it last year but did not get in this year. I know you were taking the piss, but I really enjoyed it last year.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
the riding standards were so shockingly bad, I felt grateful to have completed them without serious incident
I've been told that they've reduced the number of riders on the 100 slightly in 2017 (from 27000 to 25000 - I've not checked either number), which I suspect is partly to improve safety and ease pressure at bottlenecks or if there's an incident, so I'm wondering whether there will be more changes or whether numbers will be reduced again in 2018. Like I wonder if, at some point, completing the 46 without incident will get people priority in later 100 ballots.

I've been told that they've reduced the number of riders on the 100 slightly in 2017 (from 27000 to 25000 - I've not checked either number), which I suspect is partly to improve safety and ease pressure at bottlenecks or if there's an incident, so I'm wondering whether there will be more changes or whether numbers will be reduced again in 2018. Like I wonder if, at some point, completing the 46 without incident will get people priority in later 100 ballots.
They've also tried to increase the number of women this year.

Reactions: mjr

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Weighting the ballot.
How do you know that?

It seems quite likely but the ballot weighting process isn't public and tends to be the subject of much speculation.

U

User33236

They've also tried to increase the number of women this year.
Mrs SG has an 80% success rate at getting a ballot place whereas I would have a nice pile of 'Commiserations' mags, if they hadn't gone straight in the bin.

Won't be entering the ballot afain in the foreseeable future, nor for that matter will Mrs SG.

How do you know that?

It seems quite likely but the ballot weighting process isn't public and tends to be the subject of much speculation.
This is the only instance of ballot weighting that's ever been employed. What they've done is allocate a certain amount of places to women first, then opened what's left to the normal totally random process.

I'm in again. I rode for Scope in 2015 on my ballot place.

IMG_1230.JPG

They just got in contact again. They only want 300 quid ( as opposed to 680 quid for the most expensive one ) That's easy meat, I raised much more than that without having to last time. I'll just have to get a suit of armour for the ride.

Attachments

• IMG_1229.JPG
    IMG_1229.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 121
Top Bottom