RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2019) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
For the first time since 2014, I won't be going in for the 100 ballot this year. I've got another (non-cycling) event that I'll be training for throughout July and August, so I won't be able to put as many miles in on the bike as I'd need to in the weeks leading up to it, so don't feel it's worth entering on the outside chance of getting a place I can't really use. I may be tempted by the 46 however, as I think I could do that without requiring too much additional training.

Anyway, have already got a place confirmed on the Tour of Cambridgeshire (this year is the first time they've got a 100 mile route) for the start of June, so that'll be my century ride for next year.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
In the ballot, so expecting the Commiserations-and-would-you-take-a-charity-place-so-we-can-gouge-more-money magazine next year....

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Just signed up again. Wasn't in the country for the event this year, and missed the whole spectacle. Would like to have another go

vickster

Legendary Member
Can I ask why bother entering the ballot? It simply takes away from someone else’s opportunity.

I’m in again and very much hope I get a place.
I was being completely serious. I currently have health (inflammatory arthritis) problems but hope I'll be ok next year if I get in

If you've also done it before, equally you could also not enter and give someone else a chance to get a place for tne first time?

Indeed, if I don't get in, I would hope it's because my demographic is over subscribed and the place goes to someone who's not done it before :okay:

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Can I ask why bother entering the ballot? It simply takes away from someone else’s opportunity.

I’m in again and very much hope I get a place.

I've done it twice and hate how many people are on the roads and the monstrous delays on the course BUT in the years that I have done it it has given me something to train for. So I've applied. If I get in then great, I have something to train for, if I don't I won't be bothered. There are a couple of other reasons for applying for 2019 too but the above is the gist of it.

I did it in 2016 for prostate cancer uk but have nether got in through the ballot.I will try again but getting a bit blase with it now.
It annoys me that so called celebrities can just do the ride without going through a ballot.

Top Bottom