RideLondon - Surrey 100 anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
I din't make the ballot :-(
see above mate, me neither. might consider riding for a good cause though, seeing as how Nomadski's saying not all of them want £500+ in guaranteed sponsorship.

OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I always like to pay for my place then I don't have to raise x amount.
At least I got a Jersey out of it that doesn't fit me properly.

Check out British Heart Foundation, they only required £50 minimum to raise, there must be 10 people you know, work with, related to who will donate a fiver!

Tell them if you raise £100 you will do it in a dress...

kedab

Veteran
Check out British Heart Foundation, they only required £50 minimum to raise, there must be 10 people you know, work with, related to who will donate a fiver!

i shall check it all oot tomorrow and i'll be sure to get back here to let you know the sitch'

RiflemanSmith

I am already hitting them for the Nightrider, that is why I like to pay for my place, then I top up the sponsor money myself.
As you ask people and they are like "didn't I sponsor you last month?".

:smile: mine's pretty massive...the jersey, is pretty massive.
Mines an XL but is tight around my bi's.

Spally

night ride looks good

Spally

just had my registration confirmed through the charity bliss. all paid for now best i get out and start racking up some miles (for ride london that is).

i'm essex so not to far for me, may well sign up for the night ride as well. :smile:

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I was in Surrey yesterday so had a drive around Leith Hill and Box Hill. Leith Hill is very steep in places while Box Hill is more of a continuous grind. I recorded them on Strava to get the hill profiles so I could find similar hills close to me to train on. I deleted them later as I was in the car and got a number of KOMs as a result.

Here is Leith Hill

image.jpg

Here is Box Hill

image.jpg

Both pretty challenging 50 miles into the ride.

Top Bottom