Rider down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
Well it was bound to happen at some point…caught by the tram tracks, I’m not sure if I lifted my front wheel too early or late(bunny hop style) away the front went.
Lots of oft tissue damage, right shoulder, knee, hip and oddly my left thumb is bashed up and heavily bruised. No fracture and painkillers a plenty atm for me and a few days off work just as fitness was returning🙄😤
I doubt I’ll be riding for a while.
On a quick visual inspection my van nic needs a new apex rear mech, and poss brifters ,bar tape. The saddle is scuffed but I can live with that.
Bugger.

Jameshow

Veteran
Ouch I feel you pain.

Came off in the last icy spell.
Fell onto laptop bag with softened the blow.
Still hurt though.

Get well soon!

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Man, that sucks; sounds like quite a big off :sad:

Best of luck with the recovery and bike repair!

Ouch! Mend quickly xxx :hugs:

I know exactly how you must be feeling right now, as I've had a similar unscheduled dismount. Though it was a crack in the road I didn't see - no trams out here.

Sharky

Guru
Tramlines, have been fortunate with these, but not so with potholes. Riding home one night in the twilight, rode too near the road edge and got stuck in a deep trench.

Bristolian

I'm pleased we don't have any tram lines near where I live. Hope you get well soon :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Aargh - GWS!

I saved @Littgull from a tramline crash on one of our forum rides out of Manchester into Cheshire. He was ahead of me chatting to another rider and I saw that he was drifting towards a tramline. My warning shout alerted him just in time!