Rides for 2009?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
marinyork said:
Yes, such as your Thorne ride. How was it?

Thorne was fast and furious in places until the headwind snatched back a lot of time in the last eight miles or so. I was reassured by my performance for a porky git who'd not ridden since late November and looking back at my brevet cards I was faster by ten minutes compared with my 2006 ride.

Today's Eastern Plains Mesh 100km permanent Wetherby - Boroughbridge - York and back was also a fast and furious ride in places and once again the last ten miles or so were a bit of a drain with a strong headwind. I need to sort out nutrition as I think I was close to running on empty towards the end. Still in terms of pedalling time it was the fastest 100kim ride in over a year. It must be the taller gearing and lighter bike.

vernon

Greenbank said:
My plan for 2009:-

31-JAN Willy Warmer 200
28-FEB Brazier's Run 100 (made into a DIY 200 by cycling there from SW London)
22-MAR Out of Hibernation 200
29-MAR The Dean 300, DIY 100 the next day to get home from Oxford
25-APR Elenith 300
16-MAY Bryan Chapman Memorial 600
26-MAY DIY 400 London to Padstow via Dartmoor (will take the geared bike for this one)
6-JUN DIY 200 somewhere
27-JUN Midland Super Grimpeur 300 (geared bike again)
4-JUL DIY 400 Dun Run and back home to SW London
26-JUL LEL 1400
??-AUG Cheddar Gorge 300 Perm
??-SEP Possible DIY 600: Cambridge - Builth Wells - Cambridge, but I might be fed up with the bike by this time
Oct/Nov/Dev will just be relatively local 200s

My plan is much more modest.

Do a 100km Audax every weekend between now and the end of July punctuated with four or five 200km rides and possibly a 300km ride if I shed enough weight. A fortnight's cycle touring in France. Two mini tours in the UK and a handful of 100km rides in September/October to round off the audax season.

vernon

marinyork said:
Three Fields 100km Audax in March, North Notts Sleepy Villages 150km Audax?

The North Notts ride is Ok though it's not as flat as the local would have you believe.

There's also the Three Bridges 150km audax based in Stamford Bridge. It's not currently on the calendar but I have seen references to it being on for this year.

Top Bottom