Rides near Centre Parcs in Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
I'd just photocopy the relevant bit of map and go for an explore.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
What sort of tyres? If you have 28mm tyres head north up to Clumber Park and Welbeck Abbey. I'd avoid Worksop.

A lot of the pit village area to the North West and beyond that is good for a normal road ride - Clowne, whitwell, Nether Langwith, Bolsover.

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
Tyres? I've got 2 sets - either big knobbly mountain bike tyres 26" X 2.1 for the off road stuff and a set of Schwalbe City Jets 26" X 1.5 for the road stuff. Normally got the knobblies on, as I'm not that good at changing them yet.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Erm yeah you'll be fine on anything - Sherwood, Clumber and the many country parks round there. You can see the routes fairly clearly on opencyclemap or the OS maps. Although not on sunday tea time as that's the time that OSM/opencyclemap gets mardy. OS maps being on bing and select OS or bikehike etc.

With a MTB I reckon you'll like Clumber :smile: round the lake.

marinyork said:
Yes, the big blue lines right next to the big pink bit (centre parcs).
Yes, it's actually shown on your map, didn't realize the pink bit was Center parcs.

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
Struggling to read the map. Not quite sure where this is. But if it is as simple as cycling out of the gate of Centre Parcs and then turning left down a track into the forest, then I'm sure I'll find it.

Thanks

Steve

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
Thanks all - Sherwood Pines was good fun. Took the family there and did the family circuit, then went back the next day to do the slightly more challenging stuff. Good fun and right on the doorstep of Centre Parcs.

Thanks

Top Bottom