Ridgeback expedition ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob7

Hi all, still new here but pulled the trigger on a 2019 ridgeback expedition so have spent the day sorting bars, saddle, pedals etc. The question I have though, particularly to owners of said bike is, on the rear of the stem tube and under the top tube is a small round/pointed “nipple” for want of a better description. I’m wondering if anyone knows what it is. It looks like the stay you used to put an end of the pump in on old bikes, but there’s no “nipple” at the other end. Cheers.

wisdom

Guru
It's for a frame pump one end fits on the stud.The other end is shaped to fit the frame and the pump spring keeps it there.

OP
OP
R

Rob7

Midlife, that’s the one exactly, well except for the colour lol. So wisdom, drago is there a specific pump or am I just better off buying something that’s recommended?

PS: so when did they stop welding the other stay in at the other end? Lol

midlife

Guru
Midlife, that’s the one exactly, well except for the colour lol. So wisdom, drago is there a specific pump or am I just better off buying something that’s recommended?

Good choice :smile:. We have 2 ridgebacks, not the cheapest but came with solid kit at a good price...

OP
OP
R

Rob7

Furball your right, just checked Evans and cycle republic and Halfords and nothing.

Midlife, got it from Edinburgh cycle co op on sale and am happy so far.

Looks like I’ll be getting something recommended then, not sure of a floor pump or frame type pump.

Drago

Legendary Member

They only need it at the front to stop the pump sliding out because of the obtuse angle between the top tubes and head tube.

My 2016 model (british racing green and v brakes) came with a frame pump.
Are you sure the shop didn't leave it off?
Great bike by the way and excellent value.
If you want to buy a pump I would get a topeak mountain morph for use on the bike.
And a track pump for use at home.

freiston

Veteran
From what I gather, the Zefal HPX is the most popular frame-fit pump. I have a Zefal Reversible (which Parkers of Bolton are selling for £3.05) which I have had no problems with. It's not my "primary" on-the-bike-pump but there's nowt wrong with it.

Top Bottom