Ridgeback Speed or Dawes Discovery 201EQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I

indi

Regular
Don't have experience of these bikes but both are well regarded. I'd say go for the nicest looking. When manufacturers say "lifetime guarantee" they are just talking about the frame, it would be down to your LBS to decide if any components would be replaced if they failed in a reasonable period.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

simon.r

Person
Definitely take a test ride, or at the very least sit on them and see what they feel like.

You can buy on specification / recommendation to a point, but sometimes one bike just feels better than another.

OP
OP
I

indi

Regular
Thank you everyone for your responses. We're going to try and get a test ride on both. Whichever we choose, I will feel more confident now about our decision.

Appreciate it.

OP
OP
I

indi

Regular
So we just picked up our lovely new Dawes Discovery bikes yesterday. We're so pleased. However, we're also VERY sore. 20+ years of no cycling coming back to bite us in the backside - at least that's what it feels like.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all your comments. Although we chose to go with the Dawes bikes I'm sure we would have been as happy with the Ridgeback. So thanks.

Right, I'm off for a very hot bath.

Top Bottom