Ridiculous energy costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Haha my gas bill was minus £150 , I bought some wheels with the refund :thumbsup:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
British Gas had about £600 of my money in their account whilst I am Overdrawn. Have now changed to EON, looking forward to getting at least half of the money back into my account.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My solar is what helps me.

What I don't use I export to the grid, and Scottish Power pay me for it. That payment is applied to my account, which pretty much wipes out my bill. To within a few pence I get my energy for free.

The repayment on the panels is £105 a month. Prior to the panels i was paying £130 a month on DD for gas and electricity, so straight away I'm 25 sheets better off.

On top of that I get the Feed in Tarrif paid to me every quarter, a couple of hundred sovs to spend on bike gear.

So, free energy and 7 or 8 hundred quids worth of cycle gear a year, and a 25 quid monthly bung for cake. We need a feeling smug avatar.

byegad

Legendary Member
This time last year NPower wanted to up my payment for Electricity (We use a White Meter for overnight storage heaters.) from £84/m to £196. Their excuse was I was some £400 in the red with them. I made the change to £120/m (This involved making an official complaint as their 'system' wouldn't accept such a low payment.) and last week they sent me my bill. They owe me £40. So the payment is down to £81/m. This time next year I'll be expecting another silly increase and a good row about payments. Joy!

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Drago we also have solar panels but dont own them but we get free electricity like you and just pay what we use when ours are not producing and like you save loads each quarter its the way to go

EON owe me well over £600. All I have managed to get them to do is to do the monthly dd from £101 to £39. I reckon I will still be owed more than £500 this time next year.

I may complain when I feel well enough.

(That's gas only BTW)

Sandra6

Veteran
I've been having a battle of wills with Scottish power for the best part of a year with their ridiculous estimated bills to my son who is living in a flat we own. They even threatened legal action, but I'm not sure you can take someone to court for owing you an estimated amount.
Long story short they put a prepayment meter in and continued ripping him off. One quick email to the CEO and they admitted their estimates were off by £500 and he only owed £93 which they kindly wrote off as a goodwill gesture. Shame he'd already paid £150 into the meter that month. But I'm fairly certain they'll be crediting his account after another email.
Lesson learned, no more wasting hours on the phone, go straight to the top

Levo-Lon

Guru
Peterborough city council are planning to fit solar panels to all the houses in the city?
We shall see,their claiming it will be a get money back guarantee..

our house is a large is 9' cold old place so im in favour if its free but im not paying 20k to rip off companies for the pleasure

screenman

Legendary Member
Peterborough city council are planning to fit solar panels to all the houses in the city?
We shall see,their claiming it will be a get money back guarantee..

our house is a large is 9' cold old place so im in favour if its free but im not paying 20k to rip off companies for the pleasure

Some people on here seem to be doing quite well from your rip off companies.

Top Bottom