Ridiculous energy costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
If you use a good company then yes you can do well.
its a sales commision based business in most cases..like windows etc

the ones that phone me are not a good deal,put it that way

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I dunno what happened there ^^^ I nip out for a Doctors appointment and stop off fora bite to eat and all hell breaks loose!

I bought mine. No rent-A-roof stuff for me, though that can work in the right circumstances. Even while I'm repaying the loan to cover the purchase cost I'm around a grand a year better off from reduced energy cost, payments from Scottish power for the energy I export to the grid, and the government's FIT payment. Once the loan is repaid then the real gravy will startling and I'll be the thick end of £2.5k a year better off.

We live in a capitalist society, and like every other consumer product I purchase I expect whoever is selling it to me will make a profit. I don't see why solar panels should be any different. It was a considered decision, researched in depth for some months, helped the fact that I have a huge roof facing exactly due south so have room for a meaty installation, but the bottom line is I'm just an ordinary Joe and its already paying nicely for me. Provided your house is physically suitable for it there's no reason why anyone else couldn't benefit. Sure, you could get ripped off and buy something unsuitable, but that could just as easily happen when buying a car or a mobile phone. The buyer has to take some responsibility for ensuring that what they're getting will meet their needs. Cavaet Emptor and all that.

Top Bottom