Riding a bike is a pain in the ass !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
My advice is to be prepared to spend loads trying different seats until you find one that suits, then be prepared to buy a good supply. Some bike shops are able to track your crucial arse measurements which will help you make a shortlist.

Ignore what anyone else uses. My derriere, dimensions, age, weight, fitness, flexibility, nervous system and pain threshold are all different to yours so itd be pointless recommending that which suits me, although that doesn't stop people from doing so.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
I agree, have recently tried a charge spoon based on recommendations on here, however it didn't suit me, I gave it a good go (300 miles) but I was getting pain on my inner thighs at the top, swapped to a felt that I had (didn't get on with at the time) on another bike and hey presto all is good, I am afraid that you need to kiss a lot of frogs before finding that right one for you, hopefully you wont need to try many.

boydj

Legendary Member
You could always drop your bar a little and take a little more weight on your hands. If you are too upright your backside will always be the first bit to feel the pain, particularly if the saddle height is not right.

looker

i had problems with seat and sore rear, tilted the angle of the seat so front was slightly higher, it made a massive difference.

Top Bottom