Riding in the rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Because it seemed obvious, probably, and @macp seemed more worried about grip. Mudguards don't help grip AFAICT.

And gunk shouldn't be getting on the chain even without a mudflap because the chainguard/case will protect it, but the mudflap's still good for saving your BB shell from getting a steady pebble-dashing.

Oh well. Enjoy the wet legs ;)
^_^ already have the waterproof over trousers and overshoes just needed to make my mind up whether to go for jacket or cape, I just don't fancy the idea of getting blown about whilst wearing a cape.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
^_^ already have the waterproof over trousers and overshoes just needed to make my mind up whether to go for jacket or cape, I just don't fancy the idea of getting blown about whilst wearing a cape.
Ah, the full Uncle Ben! ;)

The idea of getting blown about whilst wearing a cape is much worse than the reality, especially with a poncho-style when where the crosswinds mostly blow through, rustling the fabric but not moving me much more than they do anyway. It makes life far tougher in a headwind but that's the worst of it.

Top Bottom