Riding in the summer rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Was it only me or did anyone else really enjoy being out in the London Downpour yesterday Morning.

I was soaked to the skin, but not at all cold...actually quite refreshed.

but boy was it slippery after such a dry patch (all the crud on the road being washed up to the surface!)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Not yesterday morning and not in London, But I got soaked the evening before. Yes, it was invigorating

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yup was quite nice.
Though a little peeved that the only rain yesterday was for duration of my commute. It stopped the instance I walked into the office ffs... lol typical

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Opposite for me Ian. It started as soon as I got the bike out. Then it peed it down and it wasn't nice then as I was pretty cold.
The worst part was getting to work and seeing all the sand on my frame :/

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
Yup was quite nice.
Though a little peeved that the only rain yesterday was for duration of my commute. It stopped the instance I walked into the office ffs... lol typical

ditto, perhaps we were both doing some kind of rain dance/ride?

but how heavy was that rain!!!!, it actually hurt my head at one point.

sob...sniff.

Nah, I loved it really, it made me feel quite invincible when I arrived at the office.

marcw

missed the rain yesterday but got caught in a downpour end of last summer. 1 months rain in 1 eve apparently. Rode most of the way with a crazy Welsh bloke in sandals, shorts and a patterned shirt who was like a pig in ****. Rain's fine, it's when it turns to sleet and you can't see where you are going that it gets annoying.

Mike!

Guru
It started in Ipswich for the last 5 minutes of my ride but it was very welcome ;)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Got wet and stung and gritty, but yes, loved it really :laugh:

It sure does hurt on a fast descent though. I suppose I could have slowed down.... Hmmm... :wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Could quite easy attach a brolly to the frame of yer bent :laugh:

arallsopp said:
Got wet and stung and gritty, but yes, loved it really :wacko:

It sure does hurt on a fast descent though. I suppose I could have slowed down.... Hmmm... :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I assume it was that heavy stuff that turns the roads into rivers and lakes.....and you ride with a hugh grin saying 'this is bloody brilliant'.....

Just drizzel in Manchester on Tuesday's commute.

Top Bottom