England : Greater Manchester riding mates, manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

firvi_82

hi guys, i'm newly move to manchester and i'm looking to meet people to ride.

i do mountain and road biking, i don't know much of the roads or trails yet.I use to head to the peak district specially on the weekends,(30-40 miles)

everyone wellcome

Globalti

Legendary Member
hi guys, i'm newly move to manchester and i'm looking to meet people to ride.

i do mountain and road biking, i don't know much of the roads or trails yet.I use to head to the peak district specially on the weekends,(30-40 miles)

everyone wellcome

Welcome. Go and ask at the Manchester bike shops as there are plenty of groups going out. Harry Hall, Evans, Edinburgh Cycle Coop are the biggest.

Hicky

Guru
If you're prepared to travel to the start point then keep an eye our for any post started by ColinJ all good ride outs.....ps Hi from Rochdale

400bhp

Guru
i live in withington

You're on the doorstep of Chorlton Velo. By all accounts a pretty friendly club.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
thank you guys for your answers,i will keep an eye on the next rides.hope we can share some rides :-)
Hi @firvi_82

I am also a bit far out West Manchester to buddy up, however if you, or anyone else are interested, I will be doing a couple of sportives this year (in a none competetive manner).

One will be from Bolton out towards Bury & the Chorley way & back & the other is in the lakes.

You will be most welcome.

Alternatively, I will look out for any ride outs that spring up round your way.

@ColinJ CC members ride outs look good, fun & friendly, as does @nickyboy Mcr > Llandudno "Hide the Sausage" event on 25.4.15

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, I do organise a few CycleChat forum rides, usually 40-70 miles. They tend to be to the north of Manchester but you'd be welcome to join us if you didn't mind driving over with your bike, or ride the extra if you wanted a really long day out.

I'm doing a 64 mile ride on 18th April from Whalley to Glasson Dock and back - CLICK HERE if you are interested.

There is a friendly, informal social cycling group - SSG - which meets at the Velo most Sundays and does a mix of road rides from 30 to 100 miles Let me know if you want more details. Guest riders are more than welcome.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Another shop to go and make friends with is Bicycle Doctor, on Dickenson Road at the far end of the curry mile in Rusholme, they do/did organise road and MTB social outings.

Top Bottom