Riding my Rudge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Fantastic weather at the moment to use my Rudge for my commute to work, this is just on the cycle path by the river Lune this morning
IMG_20190514_070645.jpg

tom73

Guru
:wub:

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Not the Rudge this time but my Lenton been wondering about doing some longer rides on my Lenton, so i gave it a go today, train from Lancaster to Clapham (Yorkshire), and follow the way of the roses route back home, did about 38miles in total lots of hills the bike was great comfy solid dependable, still comfortable a mile from home, the only isue was my legs not used to pushing higher gears up hills, it only has 3 gears, there were so many hills that were long and shallow gradient and could not keep going to the top but theres no shame in walking :rolleyes:, so good day out on a lovely old bike apart from the lack of lower gears did it just as good as my more modern tourer (1997 also Raleigh Randonnour) maybe chose a less hilly ride next time, it realy is nice to use these old bikes the way they were meant be used and you do have to respect the old guys who rode these for touring all the time
IMG_20190601_142138.jpg
IMG_20190601_130351.jpg

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
IMG_20200410_145958.jpg

IMG_20200410_150013.jpg

Out on my Rudge a few days ago at Eagland Hill near Pilling found a convenient bike stand in the middle of the road so i could take a picture, love riding the Rudge it's such a pleasant and charming character , but you do have to keep your eyes open round here, there's some big holes in the road.

Top Bottom