Riding nr Prestatyn

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by guttertrash, 18 Jul 2012.

1. guttertrash

guttertrash Active Member

Will be spending a few days in Prestatyn next month. Any good road riding routes in the area, either starting from Prestatyn, or a not too distant drive away?

2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Proper training or family pootles ?

We go regular, but I take the MTB these days for rides down the coast and on the NCN5.

Training run - take the top road out towards Rhudlan, then head left to St Asaph. You can either bear right just before the village and get some hills in, before coming back, or carry on for a flatter ride.

Oh and try the 'little' hill up the top of Prestatyn. Cross over at the top of the high street and head for the radio mast. That 'straight bit' near the top is almost 1 in 3. :evil:

I did it in my yoof a few times on 42 x 21 - wasn't pretty. It's hard in a car.

Just avoid Rhyl town centre - bit busy.

3. Dewi

Dewi Well-Known Member

Gwaenysgor hill, never done it but looks like walking boots would help http://www.rhoscycling.com/cycling/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2072

Sound advice

4. OP
    OP
    guttertrash

guttertrash Active Member

I must say that looks an awesome climb, and a fantastic view from the top. Might give it a bash :smile: Steepest I've done so far would be Riber Road in Matlock, and Mow Cop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice